Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steel tracks

Joe Fick ยท 2018-02-05 23:40

www.alpinerubber.com/ctl-steel-tracks-sprockets/ This looks interesting wonder what is everyone else thoughts are

Replies10
  1. #1ih1002018-02-07 14:56

    I think they could make for a rough ride. It looks quite an aggressive tread, unlike the OEM steel options. That's got to put more strain on the drive line.

  2. #2Joe Fick2018-02-09 15:42

    I agree on the ride but for a guy like me I'm always on dirt n rocks. My ctl don't have a final drive. It' is hydrostatic driven

  3. #3Tags2018-02-10 09:39

    I think they look pretty interesting, especially if you're constantly mulching or working in rock.

  4. #4ih1002018-02-12 16:34

    So...what's between the track motor and the sprockets?

  5. #5walkerv2018-02-12 19:46

    The rollers are designed to run on rubber , what would the steel do to them as they arent designed for it . That is my question

  6. #6Tags2018-02-12 20:24

    Kind of, but don't the rollers really run on the steel imbedded cleats in the rubber? Not saying it wouldn't wear faster, just looks interesting... That's a great question, unless he has an MTL with the squirrel cage....

  7. #7Joe Fick2018-02-25 11:28

    Plantery hub is the track moter and the sprockt is bolted on. No I do not have a mtl. It is a true ctl machine

  8. #8steve whiteside2018-03-07 17:29

    im always in dirt/rocks myself. Looks interesting. Im hesitant to buy anything new without much history especially if expensive.

  9. #9Joe Fick2018-03-07 18:17

    You are not the only one sir. That' why I'm asking around

  10. #10The Peej2018-03-09 07:01

    I would worry about track pins wearing they appear to be about 3/4"