Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Better Seat for Deere 450C?

Claus ยท 2017-10-06 20:12

Anybody put a better seat on their Deere crawler? I see K+M offers a couple but not sure how well they fit because they are more a of a universal seat.

Replies2
  1. #1CavinJim2017-10-06 23:59

    The 450C uses the same seat (same P/N) as my 350. My seat was gone (literally, just pieces of coil spring and the frame!). I cleaned up and painted the frame, made a 2x4 frame with a plywood top and my neighbor upholstered it all. Cost me $30 and is fantastic (at least compared to what wasn't there!). I didn't bother with the armrests as they are hardly ever used being hand-lever steered. I'll try to get some photos tomorrow--the seat looks way too nice for the machine!

  2. #2DMiller2017-10-07 13:08

    I had a local upholsterer build mine off the OE base pattern. Have put armrests back in as they doubled for side shift support cushions for my big Arse when working rough ground.