Never have I written about a company. I purchased a 580k backhoe pump, I got sick and was unable to install when I received, just put it in today 4-8-20 ok its been a year. The pump is bad. I call, not expecting a refund, maybe a discount if I bought another. Well the lady on the other end just laughed and cackled like a mental patient, could not even have a conversation. She thought it was funny. Mind you when I purchased the pump I was told it worked great. So i expect this is a mom & pop business and they will tell you anything to sell a part. \ Now its going to be about a 2k fix, which bugs me plus all the work. but wanted to warn everyone do not expect honest professional experience if you're dealing with Clark enterprises..... I stand behind every word.
I don't think anyone is going to warranty used parts a year later. You not being able to install them right away, isn't their fault. Its not uncommon for "rebuilt" components to only have a 30 day warranty, let alone used components. I think a lot of people have gotten used to walmart and amazon return policies- where you can send anything back at any time- no questions asked. Used parts aren't that way. Sorry you had a bad experience, but they are in the business of selling parts, not giving away parts.
There is not many warranties that last longer than a year on a new part that I'm aware of.
Never said anything about wanting a free replacement, but did expect some professionalism, laugh at the fact they sent me a bad pump, well I guess you guys take it in stride, my standards are a bit higher when dealing with vendors.
It all varries on the business you deal with and the volume you run thru them if your buying used parts there really is only buyers remorse Now if I did a certain amount of business with that outfit I would expect them to work with me a little but if you are a one time customer good luck It's still the same with dealers to for the most part the motivation is the dollars you will or will not spend in the future
I run a small business for the last 10 years, and on occasion have had customers that I thought were unreasonable. But I make them whole, without being taken advantage of. Most of the time they are repeat customers in the long run. It does not matter if it my 1st time doing business with them or the 10th do what's right, it has always severed me well, although not easy sometimes. If you bought a used car and the next day the wheels fell off, you go back to the deal and they say " you sucker" Not ok with me but again we all have our standards..looks like members here have thicker skins and deeper pockets
So the pump was new... or used.... Do you have pictures and how did you determine it was faulty
However if I bought a used car and the wheels fell off a year later - it's still just a used car.
I think it may have been a different story had you bought it and installed it right away. The way they see it, you purchased the pump and a year later it failed. You can't prove it was only just installed and was no good out of the box. Unfortunate but that's just how it is.
Wow.. have u been looking in my windows.?? I’m dealing w that same exact scenario RIGHT NOW.!! The pump was installed, ran & left at the mercy of the bio fuel for 1 year due to figuring out he needed an engine o/h.. I finally get the pump back only to find it’s FULL of CORN SYRUP.!! NOTHING MOVED.. COMPLETELY SYRUPED UP.. The pump was returned in a box 100x bigger than the pump w NO PACKAGING MATERIAL.. NONE. The mounting flange on the pump was cracked at the bolt holes like someone didn’t know about the bottom nut & pryed the pump off w a pry bar.. 1 year & 6 months old.. My tamper proof laquer was busted so he KNEW the condition of the insides AND STILL WOULDNT ADMIT TO EVER RUNNING THE ENGINE.. OR HOW THAT STUFF GOT INTO THE PUMP.. I immediately sent him pictures after removing the top cover.. and throughout the tear down process.. I gave him a normal rebuild price even tho it’s gonna take hours longer to do on account of the syrup clean up.. AND 1/2 price on a used housing.. He doesn’t really need to replace the housing, just use fender washers at the cracked mounting holes.. I still have the pump and it’s going on 3 weeks.. If it had been something simple like a leak, sure.. I woulda probably fixed it no-charge but made him pay the return shipping..
Did u send them a video or pictures.?? WHAT deems the pump BAD.?? Not pumping..?? What was wrong with the old pump.? Locked up.?? Who’s to say u didn’t find or fix the original problem and you locked up THEIR PUMP.?? I guess they don’t have a leg to stand on seeing THEY DONT KNOW if it really worked, like u or someone said, they’re just selling parts.. There’s a salvage yard here that deals w nothing but Cummins 4 & 6 bt engines.. if u need a pump he’ll sell you a pump.. & if it don’t work, bring it back & he’ll GIVE U ANOTHER ONE.. He has no idea if they work or not.. he’s just selling parts.. & it all depends on HOW MANY TIMES YOU WANNA CHANGE OUT HIS PUMPS.??
Unfortunately lots of people aren't honest and when you call and say "I bought a pump a year ago, I didn't install it until now, it doesn't work...." they've probably heard all sorts of things. I understand that health issues led to you not being able to install it, which is a bummer(hope all is well now) but I don't think the seller has done anything wrong, I'm not saying I wouldn't be pi$$ed off myself, but maybe it would have been best to send the pump back until you were better health wise, then again, who woulda thought it wasn't going to work. The whole situation just sucks. Was it a rebuild or used?