Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BICS Controller loosing power 753C

Mike Lewis · 2021-04-27 07:32

753 C Question I have a BICS controller that will just loose power and lock the brakes and all hydraulics I have replaced the computer which is on the left side under seat behind left foot and wiring harness from the bics controller all the way to the bar replace all the fuses not sure we’re to go from here and my gut is getting sore from it locking down any thoughts or were to go from here? Weird thing is no blinking or anything all green light go out on the controller I should also add the only way to get it to power back up is to shut the machine down wait a second and start it up and it’s fine for a bit and it does seem to be something that happens after a while of running

Replies4
  1. #1Coaldust2021-04-28 14:10

    Interestingly, Mobilewrench and I have a discussion in another thread about a similar issue with a T190. I’m looking at the wiring diagram at this moment. What’s the part number of your new BICS controller? 6680411?

  2. #2Coaldust2021-04-28 14:37

    Looks like the BICS is powered by a 10 amp fuse, fuse 1. You could monitor that terminal and see if your voltage fluctuates. Fuse 7 is a 25 amp fuse that powers the brake lock solenoid. It is switched on/off with the brake relay. The BICS operates the relay. The relay could be getting weak or the contacts are bad. A bad relay would not create any trouble code lamps on the BICS controller. It looks like a common 5-terminal Bosch 30 amp brick relay. You could swap places with the glow plug relay or the shutdown relay and see what happens. Or, replace it. Or, test it.

  3. #3Coaldust2021-04-28 14:43

    You could check the brake lock solenoid. The pull coil should be .4 to .5 ohms. The hold coil is 10.5 to 11 ohms. Maybe the brake lock solenoid isn’t receiving adequate voltage or the hold coil isn’t holding

  4. #4Mike Lewis2021-04-30 08:28

    Interesting never knew about that I will definitely try this today and let you know man nice having this forum for people like me that don’t know nothing thanks so much