Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 430 skid steer hydralics locked out

len bloomberg ยท 2021-04-27 14:11

hi guys. New here. I have a case 430 skid steer. bought it new in about 2006. my hydralic levers have locked up. Can go forward and backwards fine but side to side for the lift and tilt are locked out.I have no schematic or shop manual at the moment. Thought i would check here first. wondering if there is possibly a lockout selenoid that has failed and if so how can i test it?.Direct 12 volt once i narrow down the problem??i was using it last week and it just locked up. I can override the lift by pulling the little cable on the rh console as it is supposed to do.I realize this isnt the solution. Also the override cable will not override the tilt lockout but i suspect that's how it should be. Any ideas. I talked to the service guy at case and he thought that because i had the cab tilted before that it was binding.. It isn't.

Replies6
  1. #1Muffler Bearing2021-04-27 19:02

    There is a lock out solenoid on the loader valve. Buuuut you probably can't get to it without raising the arms to tip the cab. Start with basic electrical and check fuses I guess, seat switch maybe... I'll do a little more looking, at a manual. I don't have any 400's handy for a quick peek

  2. #2len bloomberg2021-04-28 08:56

    thanks for the reply.I can actually lift the arms by using the override cable so i can tilt the cab. there is a little square electrical box mounted on the plate that sits over top of the valve. there is also what looks like a selenoid that is mounted directly on top of the valve. I was already wondering if this was the override valve. If so can i test it by running 12 volts directly to it or can i just bypass it .Also if i take out this valve is it under any hydralic pressure. Cant see it real close as i have to take some stuff off to get at it. Without seeing it real good i assume it just threads to the valve. Thanks for the help. Any more info from you would be great.Len. I already checked the fuses and the seat switch seems to be fine as i can hear it clicking when i move the seat bar up and down.also i think if the seat switch was at fault the spools would be locked out as well yet i can drive the machine.Just cant lift the arms unless i use the override emergency cable but cant tilt the bucket even with the emergency exit cable pulled.

  3. #377Ford2021-04-28 09:00

    This may not apply to you at all but my new holland will let me drive it but locks out the boom/bucket controls if it has an issue with the seat belt.

  4. #4len bloomberg2021-04-28 09:05

    hmmm never considered that but i kinda doubt it for this reason.I bought the machine new and have never not even once used the seat belt but i will certainly check it.Thanks man.Len

  5. #5bad Tom2021-04-28 09:18

    Your 430 seatbelt light is just a reminder to use it, does not anything to do with the machine functions.

  6. #6melben2021-05-04 10:35

    Check the 15 amp interlock fuse, there were issues with the interlock solenoids coils shorting and blowing that fuse. There are the two solenoids located on the valve body, one with the cable, one without, The coils should ohm out at about 9 ohms, if one is shorted or partially so the ohms could read down around 3 ohms or lower and the fuse will blow. Both solenoids are interchangeable so we always stocked the stem type for both applications.