Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big CATs

Cumminstech ยท 2008-10-06 15:08

Hey all. Im a recent graduate of high school/construction tech and I thought I'd post some pics on here from my work. The 345mh is a nice machine to have in the yard. The magnet alone is 3 tons. Im unsure of how much the magnet can pick up. Using chains I can pick 25t fairly easy. The last one isnt a CAT but its still a nice machine.

Replies9
  1. #1bigblueox2008-10-06 15:39

    that looks like a nice clean yard! got any more pics

  2. #2Cumminstech2008-10-06 15:42

    I have a few more but they're on my camera and my cord is gone. I do have a loader pic as well. a CAT it62 its a handy machine. We use it for everything. We have railcars in the back that weigh up to 250,000 pounds or more each and it will push 4-6 of them together with no issues.

  3. #3Cumminstech2008-10-06 15:50

    Here the last one i have on my puter for now. its the OLD cranes they used to use. Two of the ones shown are wheeled cranes. Americans powered by 4 cylinder detroit two-strokes. The orange Barko is powered by an 8v-71 detroit two stroke.

  4. #4Bellboy2008-10-07 12:18

    That third pic in the first lot looks a bit like a Tango! Those machines are so cool!

  5. #5Cat-Peter2008-10-07 13:07

    Mmmmmmmmm Them Detroits must have made it real comfy on that scrapyard! Specially that 8V71! The more cylinders the nicer sound!

  6. #6tonka2008-10-07 15:07

    Nice pics Cumminstech, i run a senn 835 on tracks, you ever get to run that 840? We load baled garbage into rail cars(100 tons per car) and ship it to our landfill in Ky. I love my 835 senn and wouldn't trade it for a cat if ya paid me to!

  7. #7Cumminstech2008-10-07 21:10

    Tonka Oh man i ran it a few times and its the smoothest running machine there Tonka. The cab lift is nice too. I can see the ground better with it lowered to clear the driveways of metal i might not see in the CATs. The only thing with the Senn is it cannot lift as much as the CATs can with chains when offloading old heavy factory machines that ford motor has been bringing in here lately. Other than that i can outrun the CATs on it. I heard that Sennebogen is switching from CAT motors to Cummins next year. Oh the another thing i dont like about the Senn is that i think its too quiet haha.

  8. #8tonka2008-10-08 18:33

    Well my 835 has a cummins in it already..........We are having problems with the intake manifold breaking:cussing. We have a senn engineer coming from Germany this week to inspect it. There factory rep was out last week to look at our operation.

  9. #9Cumminstech2008-10-08 22:36

    Yea our 840 has a c9 CAT in it. I havent seen it down once since i've been there. I guess three weeks after Omni bought it, it was broken down for some reason. Three weeks later it was down again. I wasnt told why but it has been two months and no problems yet. Our CATs however are worn out and older. They leak here and there because they arent maintained the way they should be AND they dont always have the same operator. We have one guy that runs the Senn only on first and i ran it a few times while he was gone. The other machines run 24/7