Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hitachi 120 MAINTANCE

wilddanz71 ยท 2008-10-06 12:06

I recently bought a used hitachi ex 120-2 excavator with 4400 hrs this weekend I changed all fluids and filters. My question is, what is the regular intervals that I should change things?? I am new to excavators, so I need to learn there regular maintnense. I can not buy a service manual, so Im told because it is a"Gray Market" machine. This service, I changed engine oil and filters, air filters,fuel filter, all the hydralic filters and changed fluid in the final drives. Should I change these every time I service?? thanks DAN

Replies13
  1. #1ncbschzzt2008-10-06 12:59

    500hours on engine oil 6.6 gals engine oil. swing gear box 1000hours. travel gearbox 2000hours. hydraulic oil is 1500hours using Hitachi Oil, 500 hours change hydraulic tank filter, 500 hours change pilot filter, fuel filter is 500 hours as well. Can give a complete print out of intervals if wanted.

  2. #2Reuben2008-10-06 14:14

    What is the serial number...maybe I have the books for you

  3. #3wilddanz712008-10-08 12:08

    the serial # is 12n-32335 the model is a 120-2 If you had one and would like to sell it let me know, I will buy it. thanks dan

  4. #4bluecoupe2008-10-08 12:46

    do most people run them to 500.we always do them every 300.everybody to there own servicing regime i suppose

  5. #5ncbschzzt2008-10-08 12:49

    500hrs is Hitachi's recommended service interval.

  6. #6360joe2008-10-08 12:53

    wilddanz71 Sorry for going off topic but u sure about the hours on that machine.? I think that model came out around 1992-3. That less than 300hrs a year.

  7. #7lindopark2008-10-08 16:35

    Hitachi EX120-2 Reuben, I also have faced a virtual wall in my attempts to lay my hands on a workshop manual for my EX120-2. Any assistance forthcoming would be greatly appreciated. :notworthy 2xBobcat 325 mini excavs; 1 komatsu greymarket PC95;1 Hitachi greymarket EX120-2; 2 JD 410D backhoes all purchased used and wearing me out

  8. #8ncbschzzt2008-10-08 16:41

    I may have found what you are looking for. Get back soon

  9. #9lindopark2008-10-08 16:52

    Great! Iam looking foward to seeing what you have.

  10. #10Reuben2008-10-08 18:09

    I got rid of a 120-2 last year and it had just under 4500 hours

  11. #11wilddanz712008-10-08 18:17

    Yes the hours are correct!!! that is why I bought it. It was owned for several years by a small local excavation company, which I know personaly. I was told it is a 93 or 94. It is in great shape.

  12. #12wilddanz712008-10-08 18:20

    sounds good, please let me know!!!!

  13. #13Stever W2013-02-19 06:54

    Do you still have the books for the Hitachi EX-120-2? I need a copy badly