Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big excavator job in PA

ironjunkie ยท 2011-12-19 18:32

Just a curiosity here. but does anybody know what's going on near interstate 84 and Hwy 6 in eastern PA. (just west of the state line), I drove through there last week and there must have been at least 20 good sized excavators there and one heck of a pile of mud mats. This must be a staging yard, you can see it from the highway (southside) and it's quite an assembly of heavy iron. Gotta be a major pipeline job. Anybody know?

Replies4
  1. #1stumpjumper832011-12-19 18:57

    several major pipeline projects like the "300 line" hinkles & mckoy have that one i believe, going on in the state. This marcellas shale has stuff booming all around as well.

  2. #2JimBruce422011-12-19 21:13

    I heard a rumor that Henkles (Hinkles, I dunno?) and McCoy bought like 6-8 John Deere 850 excavators up there.

  3. #3Beachbum02862011-12-19 23:09

    I don't know what they would be using 850's for. They were using mostly 350's and 450's on the Tennessee 300 line. I have never seen a pipeline go through so fast it was impressive.

  4. #4stumpjumper832011-12-20 07:24

    Probably wanted to get it done before the green weenies held something up again, but that type of spendin is not outa line for h&m. I was down in plasterers equipments salesman's office and on the wall was a photo of the yard, the neighbors yars, and the berm of the road full of new 400 series backhoes, several hundred at least. Salesman told me that when hinkle & mckoy did the fiber line that involved going thru chicago and s.e. pa they bought something like 400 new ones at a shot all set up identicle. Placed them att at the utility crossings and ran the fiber in with a cable plow hooked to a rail engine since they were running in on railroad right of way... at the least a very neat story.