Whats the biggest excavator youve ever seen in the street? I love seeing big equipment working on the asphalt, best Ive seen is a PC 400. Heres a random picture I found of a 385...
Before anyone asks they were using that beast to rip out old streetcar tracks and install new ones. They used that boom setup to stay under the network of wires, and had a custom "tool" made. The tool had a flat bottom with no back allowing the operator to pry up the track, slide it through the back of the bucket then snap off a piece to be trucked away. Coolest part is they never closed the sidewalks so there were people literally RIGHT THERE. Here's some pictures (I can't find the old forum the really good pics where posted on): http://www.eberhard.ch/content.php?...07&bericht_id=13&img_id=52&include=praxis_gal And if you go to http://www.eberhardfilmpool.ch/ and scoll through the videos at the bottom there will be a thumbnail showing that "claw" tearing up some pavement. Click that and you'll get a cool video. How about a Hitachi EX1200 digging underground in the middle of a street and loading an end dump? YouTube - Hitachi EX1200 up close
Pretty smooth with the EX1200! You could make mess of the end dump easily with that big bucket.
That is an impressive set up. It does seem a bit over kill but I guess it would be better to have that out there than three or four 330's or something......
The tracks sure rip up the pavement. Got to be careful. That 385 in the street looks like it is in Europe. or Canada. Where is that?
looks like germany and those videos are awesome of that 385
Biggest one I have ever seen in the street would be a 1266.
365 or 375 don't remember which.
I saw a 1466 koehring in jersey city ten years ago. and boy were they going DEEP! Literally burying the boom to the bottom of the cylinders, and I know that machine maxes out at 42 feet deep. I only watched that one but the biggest I ever ran in the street was a 7400a link belt (170,000 lbs and 6 yard bucket) very low wires in the street so I was digging over the wires in some spots for the first 10 feet. and if that wasnt tough enough we were putting 20 foot sections of 60 inch double wall rcp in heavy pipe and with those low wires and 22 feet deep the hoe handled the pipe and both boxes well but just barely. great job for a nineteen year old especially up to that point all I ever really ran was a 190 dynahoe and a case 580 super d. After that job my boss saw fit to put me on larger hoes alittle more often. LOVED that 7400a link belt had that 12v71 detroit screaming all that winter.:usa
big excavators Largest I operated on sewer/ street reconstruction work was a 5800 Link-Belt.The 8v71 Detroit power in it sounded mighty fine,only thing better might have been a 12v71. In Toronto area now you see Cat 365's,385's,Deere 650,800's,other makes along the same size. Koehring 1066,1266,Cat 245 were fairly popular at one time also. The cost of purchasing,maintaining properly,and dismantling/moving that big iron,let alone finding profitable work for it sure is'nt for the squeamish. Dominion:canada
I have seen 1066D's and 385's.
that guy on the 1200 is super smooth
How do they get away with that?..I would never happen in U.K....Health and Safety would shut down at least every street around it.Look how close the public is to it?...Anyone know where these pictures were taken?...
If you are talking about the 1200 in the video, it is in Southern California. Contractors name at the end of the video, WA Rasic The truck is in a closed lane, and there is about a lane between it and traffic, and there is a K rail barrier. It is a major thouroughfare, and no viable detour was available. There was lots of safety involved, and no accideents I was aware of. Very hard digging, and no blasting allowed due to high pressure gas main parallel to the trench. It had been blasted in years ago, before the area was built up. I really don't see the problem you are seeing, as it is common practice here to work close to traffic, and very few problems come of it on a properly managed site. By the way, the agency the work is being done for is known to be one of the toughest around on following safety orders, as well as general work details. They go overboard enough many contractors refuse to bid their work.
Ya'll are right about the guy on the 1200 he is smooth.:notworthy:usa I have ran 80 ton hoes on the street, but they wear to be torn up anyways.
I agree, that guy in the 1200 is good. It would have been pretty easy to turn that dump trailer into scrap with that bucket.