Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big, really big, and heavy.

Bumpsteer · 2010-08-30 10:22

This came through town last week while I was at lunch. Pretty cool. 1,350,000 lbs http://www.hooperwelding.com/news/large_asme_reactor/default.html Ed

Replies6
  1. #1Jeffksf2010-08-30 19:37

    That rail car is something else! Is this a part for a nuclear energy plant?

  2. #2Bumpsteer2010-08-30 23:37

    No idea what it's for. I do wish I would have had a "heads up" on when it was coming through, could have got much better pics or video. Ed

  3. #3norite2010-09-15 00:09

    Verrrrrrrry Cooooool!

  4. #4rigandig2010-09-15 05:36

    I believe that is on it's way to Kansas. Had some info on another BB about it last week. Going to a refinery there in Kansas.

  5. #5qball2010-09-15 22:00

    man, i thought you were gonna post pics of my last date.

  6. #6Jesus Rios2011-08-25 18:38

    Hi, I work in a power plant in Mèxico, thermopower plant and there are very big boilers, I think is a steam drum for big bolier, it`s an of bigger part for bolier so the operation pressure may be 2,100 or more inside this and the wall thickness may be 6" or more thanks