Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big Sky Wagon and City Tractor 4 “Down Under Motor Home and Shop” or trailer trash.

fixou812 ยท 2014-05-17 11:49

We're all known someone who's lived in a trailer. Weather it's a young couple starting out or your brother in law chasing work. Had an idea that am sure has been used before. Around here what's called a "City Tractor" (and city trailer) Six wheels and no sleeper on the tractor. Forty feet of trailer. Typically used and seen at grocery stores. I like the Stainless ones. I've never built one but it would have been priceless often. It would sure be rugged enough and if you didn't have a tractor you could hire anyone to move it. Worried about your tools it could have a dividing wall for the shop.

Replies5
  1. #1fixou8122014-05-17 12:19

    This could be ideal for a young guy starting out in wide open spaces because: Portable cheap living quarters tailored to your needs. A discreet shop with generator washer dryer. You could beat it down rough roads without it falling apart. You probably never over load it or break a spring and feel stupid. They're kinda invisible and fit in any where. Even got a side door. When the other operators go home you will get another check because you become the "Knight Watchman"

  2. #2Scrub Puller2014-05-17 16:55

    Yair . . . fixou812 . That's how I lived for years . . . had a generator and a caravan set up in some back corner of the site, beats paying rent. Cheers.

  3. #3fixou8122014-05-18 09:25

    I'd sure like to see a picture of that Scrub What. ever happened to it?

  4. #4Dualie2014-05-21 03:06

    I would start with an insulated reefer trailer personally, the step height will be the major pain in the rear

  5. #5overworked2014-05-21 09:16

    If you were to set up for any time , fold the landing gear and pull out the slidder, drop it to the ground.