Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big Sticks

Former Wrench · 2024-05-03 14:55

Was out for a drive the other day and stumbled across these. Was told that it is getting tough to find mills to buy the big ones. Sad, these are great looking logs.

Replies9
  1. #1Hank R2024-05-03 17:28

    Yes your right about mills for big wood.

  2. #2Coaldust2024-05-19 22:03

    Your wood is impressive

  3. #3Old Growth2024-05-19 22:10

    We love milling big logs here. Just for reference that’s a 6x6 being cut. 47” diameter cedar.

  4. #4Hallback2024-05-20 23:58

    I've seen that mill running before.

  5. #5Old Growth2024-05-21 03:09

    You sure have! Must be nice, lol! You should drag back a couple sticks of tamarack with ya next time ya come home.

  6. #6Hallback2024-05-21 09:07

    Let me look and see if I can find some nice material. They plant a whole shitload of it now but the stuff we are harvesting doesn't have much in it.

  7. #7Old Growth2024-05-21 18:28

    I’ve never milled it, but it’s got beautiful color and it’s dense.

  8. #8Alusium2025-01-07 23:20
  9. #9Alusium2025-01-07 23:21

    27” hot saw. 4 sides.