Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

biggest meanest rig

diggerop ยท 2009-10-02 06:08

At the Kumbia (SE Q.L.D, Aust.) Vintage Machinery Rally. Just wanted to share this pic from the local paper. 12 ton Euclid tow motor, 200hp, 671 GM motor, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel hydraulic steering and air brakes on all wheels. (from the paper) :cool2

Replies7
  1. #1Clawed Backster2009-10-02 08:20

    Too cool!

  2. #2xterrahawk2009-10-02 11:40

    thats a sweet machine

  3. #3trackmad2009-10-02 19:06

    I need one of those right now!!!

  4. #4heavylift2009-10-04 19:09

    I think top speed would be plum scary....

  5. #595zIV2009-10-04 20:25

    That paper must have meant B-25's, the korean war ended in 1953 with the armistice. The B-52's first flight wasn't until 1955.

  6. #6diggerop2009-10-06 18:28

    Yeah , you are right about the B-52 but I'm not sure about the B-25 being used in Korea, the B-29,47 and 50 were used according to this web site, which to my way of thinking would be a good match for that machine http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/korean-war-united-states-aircraft.asp :drinkup

  7. #7euclid2009-10-07 14:07

    Well at least that rig had hydraulic steering! nothing like hauling materials with just armstrong steering.....:usa