Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Birthday present to myself

gatorguy ยท 2010-10-08 23:08

I recently bought myself a birthday present and want to see what you guys think, it probably won't be here till late next week but here is a hint. I will post some pictures when it arrives.

Replies22
  1. #1D5G2010-10-09 01:30

    EC210B or EC210C? quite an expensive birthday present! Can't wait to see the new iron. Happy Birthday!

  2. #2gatorguy2010-10-09 12:43

    Thanks D5G. While you wait for the surprise I will post some more random pictures and tell you a little about how I got here. I was born on a beef cattle farm and spent all my time on tractors so within a year of graduating high school I decided to try my hand at equipment work. In marchish of 2008 with a co signiture from dad I bought a Supertrak TL150 package deal with truck trailer bucket and grapple and a few other odds and ends. The dodge truck came with the package but I sold it and got the GMC. While seaching for information on takeuchi (who I had never heard of at the time) I found the dirtmans thread on here and just started reading. And like most other opinions of takeuchi on here I am very impressed.

  3. #3RonG2010-10-09 15:01

    Why did you sell the Dodge?Ron G

  4. #4D5G2010-10-09 16:04

    Very well gatorguy, are you doing just clearing? Congrats on the business, hope you continue to thrive.

  5. #5powerjoke2010-10-09 21:40

    what is hanging off the back and on top of the machine? Pj

  6. #6EGS2010-10-09 22:11

    The back may be a winch, the top I have no idea.

  7. #7gatorguy2010-10-09 23:44

    Hey RonG the dodge was just a little too big and clumsy to be an everyday driver, plus it ate tires. I tried having a small nissan to drive when not hauling but cramming my long legs in and out all day got old fast. I did nothing but mulching and bucket work the first year, however in the summer of 2009 I took over my uncles chicken and alligator farm, since then a few odd pieces of equipment have came and went, I basically do any equipment work that pays, mainly NRCS work. OOO I'm glad you noticed my extras, A company in south florida (SUPERTRAK) buys stock machines, mainly cat but originally some takeuchi and converts them to mulching machines, the thing on top is a hydraulic oil cooler and the thing on back is a winch mainly for countering the weight of the cutting head but it comes in handy from time to time. This is another one of their creations, not mine by the way.

  8. #8D5G2010-10-10 00:54

    I think Burnout saw that same machine or a sister to it at a ritchie brothers auction a year or two ago, I remember a pic of it. Burnout???

  9. #9RonG2010-10-10 04:16

    I would never have guessed that.I thought that maybe the Dodge had a gas engine or something and you wanted a diesel.Ron G

  10. #10gatorguy2010-10-12 20:20

    Here are some pictures of the alligator barn, and some cows already messing up my work that I just started.

  11. #11gatorguy2010-10-12 20:26

    One more of the TL150 and some John Deere pics

  12. #12D5G2010-10-12 23:13

    that deal with the aligators is crazy! As far as the cows go, at least they give you a good compaction rating, lol.

  13. #13gatorguy2010-10-27 21:38

    better late than never Out with the old, in with the new.

  14. #14j.r.2010-10-27 22:01

    fresh!

  15. #15DEERE310SG2010-10-28 10:58

    Nice!

  16. #16JDMGrading2010-10-28 23:38

    I'm pretty sure i've seen that Deere 200 for sale....correct?

  17. #17gatorguy2010-10-30 00:32

    Yes you probably have, I had it for sale for a while and the guy I sold it to is a dealer and now has it for sale. It was a good machine but nothing compared to that Volvo.

  18. #18ScottAR2010-10-30 20:31

    Guy wasn't from AR was he? I've seen that same pic for a dealer in AR.

  19. #19gatorguy2010-10-31 11:08

    Yes I beleive it was Wynne AR. Kirk Witcher from witcher farms was the guy and he used my pictures to list it.

  20. #20ScottAR2010-10-31 12:48

    Ok, that's where I saw it... Makes a guy nervous when he finds a pic in two unrelated places.

  21. #21gatorguy2010-10-31 13:28

    Hey scott I doubt yall have terrain like this in AR. Are you looking for a 200?

  22. #22ScottAR2010-11-01 22:56

    Actually, in some areas it's quite hilly... especially in the western parts. I'm not really actively looking but I like to know what's around.