Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

blade added

Cat311b ยท 2013-04-14 21:04

added a blade to my cat 311b heres a few pics!

Replies8
  1. #1Cat311b2013-04-14 21:24

    more pics

  2. #2Cat311b2013-04-14 21:36

    more

  3. #3Cat311b2013-04-14 21:46

    more

  4. #4lumberjack2013-04-14 22:19

    Was there a free circuit in the rotary manifold?

  5. #5Cat311b2013-04-14 22:33

    Yes! My machine originally came with a blade! Best I can figure is at some point before I owned it the undercarriage was replaced , all of the blade componets were still in tack minus the pilot valve in the cab! The blade circuit on this machine actually has is own separate pump!

  6. #6millercross32013-04-17 11:39

    Congrats! I bet that was a happy pleasant surprise. Lucky things like that sure spreads a guys cheeks----> makes ya smile!

  7. #7slwbid2016-02-15 13:01

    hi there. After almost 2 years now, how is the blade working out for you? I'd really like to put one on my 311b, but it would not be worth it if I had to plumb all the hydraulics, etc. How were you able to tell that yours was already plumbed/had a free circuit in the rotary manifold? Do you have a serial number? Mine is 8gro1237. Thanks Stacy

  8. #8Cat311b2016-02-15 21:14

    I absolutely love it! For what I do as a homeowner and few side jobs I wouldn't be without now. As for converting yours I believe it would be much cheaper and easier to trade for one with a blade or purchase a dozer! I was able to find the balde and ship for around 4k plus my labor. Our machines when spect for a blade have a separate pump and valving solely for the blade circuit. Not sure if it's the same rotoary! Check to see if you have two ports that are capped off on the bottom.