Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade float function?

CatToy ยท 2017-09-08 07:32

General question, can you install a blade float function on a unit that does not have it? If so, how?

Replies4
  1. #10072017-09-08 08:11

    It can be done relatively easily on any machine by relieving both sides on the cylinder back to tank. I questioned a person high up at yanmar as why most manufacturers are not doing this and he told me the industry is reluctant to bring this in as a feature due to there exposure to risk that it may fail or human error when operating on a slope. If you have a lot of material to spread an I beam on a chain works a treat. Cheers

  2. #2CatToy2017-09-08 12:07

    It seems everybody but Yanmar has float on machines up to 8 ton.

  3. #3Jonas3022017-09-08 20:07

    I have used this valve to add float function on a grader https://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/I9-7989.pdf Tee the two cylinder lines put them to ports 2 and 4 , 1 and 3 tee and return to tank only one solenoid is used

  4. #4CatToy2017-09-08 20:23

    That seems easy enough.