Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 435 cylinder play

ZGrant231 ยท 2017-09-11 01:42

My bobcat 435 has developed exesive slop in a cylinders travel. Seems to have this play within the full stroke, just noticable by hand here. All pins are tight and machine has been very well maintained during its 3k hour life. Here is a video of me pushing on the bucket to show the arm cylinder play. Any advice is appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1ycs2017-09-11 09:31

    I guess something wrong with the cylinder cushion inside, ask your bobcat dealer if this machine have this cylinder cushion valve..

  2. #2ZGrant2312017-09-11 12:46

    Thanks YCS. that sounds so simple, ask my dealer. Kind of a side story buy I'll explain why I have no desire to ask anything of my local bobcat dealer ever again. My 435 is equipped with a user access password instead of a key, i went in person with the VIN., my 700 page service manual, and a bill of sale from the previous owner with pic ID. I was looking for this access password or code from the dealer. After they found out I didn't get it from them, all I got was the cold shoulder. Because of this I will never buy another bobcat. Witch is a bummer because I really like that machine. I'm sorry for the rant but if I called or walked in asking about the cushon valve, I'm sure I'd get the same treatment (like I was a POS for not buying a new machine or one from them) Is the cushion valve located on the cylinder?

  3. #3farmboy5552017-09-11 13:19

    Pull the cyclinder apart, and take a look the nut/bolt holding the end on inside the cyclinder may be working loose. No big deal taking it apart

  4. #4ZGrant2312017-09-11 13:24

    Copy that farmboy555, thanks

  5. #5ZGrant2312017-09-12 02:09

    You called it. Thanks again farmboy555. Break cleaned, lock tighted, and back on machine.

  6. #6farmboy5552017-09-12 06:28

    Great I've have even spot welded the nut to the shaft to hold it. If you have access to a machine shop & parts from Baileys Hydraulic you can make your own rods for the cyclinders etc Now your a qualified cyclinder mechanic LOL Dennis