What would you say is the limit to the amount of material to be pushed by the blade on an hitachi ex-60 size machine before problems could occur?:Banghead
When the tracks dont have the power to push any more :beatsme
you from albany ny? Welcome, if you are check out Abele tractor, Pushing with an excavator blade is nothing like running a buldozer, but they work great for leveling dirt, added stability and its great for using to level your self on a hill
xalexjx all good points. I ask this because I did a septic job where it was all clay and I tried too push 3'-4' piles of the material in an effort to grade out the fluff part of the job. I realize excavators are not ment for pushing though it is tempting when your at the close of finishing a job up. Anyway I blew a seal on the final drive so the pump would just do its job and the machine would lose fluid at a good rate.
Actually I do excavation part time in the albany/schoharie area and do my full time job in new paltz
I am not to far North of you, about an hour. I beleive i know who xalexjx is too, you from Newcomb right? Like said above the blade was only designed to level dirt or for stabilization. To doze unbroken ground would be very rough on the machine as it wasnt designed for it. Thats what a dozer is for.
Hi to all I am also from the Albany area.