Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade reversal

markshr151 ยท 2010-09-28 19:43

I would like to see a video of some one reversing the blade on any grader especially on a Cat.

Replies12
  1. #1plowking7402010-09-28 20:53

    i found a couple on youtube just type in motorgrader and you should get a few.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2010-09-28 20:57

    No video, but do a search for posts by Randy Krieg He has a detailed description on how to do it, and some applications to use it in.

  3. #3markshr1512010-09-29 09:36

    I couldn't find any on youtube, Randy Kriegs post is what got me interested.Many of us are visual learners .

  4. #4Kman90902010-09-29 13:42
  5. #5plowking7402010-09-29 20:55

    here is another vid from youtube YouTube - 140H Wait, what? hope the link works

  6. #6Grader4me2010-10-06 08:45

    I like this one YouTube - MOTOR GRADER construction

  7. #7mitch5042010-10-06 12:52

    Hey G4me, I see what he's doing, but not why he is doing it. Isn't he wasting material?

  8. #8Grader4me2010-10-06 13:19

    Getting it ready for a curb Mitch. Thats what it said in the comments to the video.

  9. #9YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-10-06 22:36

    If your machine has crossslope just make sure you unplug the sensor on the circle deck or you will pull the wires apart if you turn your circle completely around. I prefer to turn my wheels all the way to the right just to give me the visibility that im not going to stab my front tire with the toe, plus i like to kick the back out first and use the impact to remove all but the last 4 bolts on each edge before circling it around so i dont have squat down and run the impact on all the bolts when the edges are facing up.

  10. #10Vantage_TeS2010-10-06 23:59

    Hey that's me

  11. #11OCR2010-10-07 00:56

    Blade reversal: Nice job on the truck loading too, Vantage_TeS... :thumbsup OCR

  12. #12mitch5042010-10-07 01:04

    Thanks G4me, I didn't thinkl of that one, I thought of a flat bottom ditch, was wondering why he was doing it in the fill.