Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade / Tilt Control Modification

Jeembawb ยท 2012-10-16 02:00

Hi All - has anyone had any experience in modifying an old dozer (Fiat AD7 / 70ci) that has two separate levers for blade & tilt to be more like a cat d6d that has blade & tilt on one lever so you can steer it more easily with the blade tilt. I just spent a bunch of hours on a d6d which was an absolute breeze to drive (in hilly rocky scrub) compared to my old fiat. I reckon my old backhoe had a similar setup for the front end loader. Any ideas appreciated Jimbob

Replies3
  1. #1Scrub Puller2012-10-16 03:10

    Yair . . . Jeembawb . Rather than trying to incorporate the two motions into one lever have you considered altering the tilt to a rocker pedal on the floorplates? Some of the D6's had that set up and I quite liked it. Cheers.

  2. #2Scrub Puller2012-10-16 03:12

    Yair . . . Jeembawb . Rather than trying to incorporate the two motions into one lever have you considered altering the tilt to a rocker pedal on the floorplates? Some of the D6's had that set up and I quite liked it. Cheers.

  3. #3Jeembawb2012-10-16 05:20

    Nice Scrub Puller - I can see that working ok too on ya mate