Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bleeding 1978 Case 580c

TNTRanch · 2024-08-10 11:54

Just purchased a 78’ Case 580c. Replaced a hydraulic hose on the backhoe and a hydraulic hose on what I assume is the hydraulic control for the loader. It’s the control next to the battery. I lost a lot of hydraulics when I took them off. About to fill it back up but can’t find in the Manuel how they recommend I bleed the system as I’m sure I’m going to have loads of air in the lines since that hydraulic control drained quite a bit. Thanks. Please feel free to respond to me as if you’re talking to a dummy cause I’m not well versed in tractors. My expertise is on the back of a horse so feel free to dumb it down. Thanks again.

Replies1
  1. #1catskinner 102024-08-10 16:10

    It will bleed itself. Start it up and work the function several times. TGP