Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blocking a Crusher

Bezzy · 2013-02-21 19:02

I was just wondering if anyone has found a faster way to block a crusher level other than using blocks of wood. I have run-on hydraulic leveling legs forone piece of my spread but not on the other and i was just wondering if there was a jack out there that you can put under the blocking points on a crusher or screen plant that you could use to take the place of the blocks and run on it. It might save you some time.

Replies4
  1. #195zIV2013-02-21 20:25

    Blocks are what I consider to be the best for support and stability, but to level, we put down a layer of what we always called 3/4" concrete stone, it's loose material from about 3/16 or so up to 3/4. Put a layer down, put the crusher on it then shoot the spots under the legs of the crusher with a laser transit, find the lowest one and then level that one, now you've got grade, then grade the other points to that same elevation. if you set the transit up offset from both the front and one side of the crusher you can get all down one side and then at least one or two on the other. Using this method, 2 guys could have a crusher with 8 legs, leveled, up and set on the blocks in around 2 hours the first time, a whole bunch less after that.

  2. #2ror76a2013-02-21 22:16

    I recently aquired a small gravel plant, and was wondering the same thing. On my machine someone welded a couple of semi trailer jacks to it on one end, I was thinking about adding another set on the other end (maybe one in the middle too) and running it on them? Probaly not as good as actually having it on wooden blocks, but it might save me from draging around the hydraulic jacks.

  3. #3alanmurfee2013-03-08 08:30

    I too haven’t tried any other methods of blocking a crusher level other than using blocks of wood. I do not know of any other method that can be faster than this one. If anyone knows, do let me know, as I am interested in knowing some good techniques to block a crusher.

  4. #4Coondog2013-03-11 21:21

    Some of the crusher I have bought in the past have a square tubing slide, similar to a receiver hitch on a pickup trailer all. With one side cut out. Then there is a large piece of all thread and you screw it up and down using a bar or wrench. Just a thought. If you are moving around a crusher, take some 12" I beam and cut of desired lengths, box the ends for strength, and have shim plates. Seriously, if you are carting around Crushers, it takes big tools to do the job. Cribbing is one of the most important parts.