Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gravel Crushing

doobie ยท 2010-05-24 04:05

Hello, I've been browsing the site lately and have noticed a lack of crusher pictures and discussions, so I thought I'd show a few pics of my work. I couldn't get a picture with the whole crusher in it, I needed a higher vantage point but I was a little short on time! Enjoy! Our setup, missing the small feeder and reject sand line to the right Fuzzy Crusher View Nordberg HP400 Cone tower view of the 1st clemro twin-deck switchgears Nordberg HP500 Cone Clemro 5x18 Screendeck and Jaw One of 3 Surge Bins Conveyors splitting the load onto 2nd twin-deck Komatsu WA 600 unfolding 100 footer Another WA 600 We have lots of other equipment such as a Cat D8N, two Komatsu HM400 Rock trucks, Komatsu 400 Hoe, Hitachi 270 Hoe but They were not there at the time I was taking pictures. If anyone has any shots of their setup, I would love to see them. Thanks for looking.

Replies18
  1. #1MKTEF2010-05-24 05:18

    Here is a picture of one of ours. Pic from Abeche, Tsjad...Yes, in Africa. Our Grove RT760E comming out the gate. For the helifans: Its a MI-56 in the background, its towed by a 3 axled big recovery truck.

  2. #2RocksnRoses2010-05-24 06:47

    We are back yarders compared to you fellers, but we had this plant built in 1982 and it is still going today, better than ever. RnR.

  3. #3doobie2010-05-24 10:49

    awesome pics guys! Do you feed your crushers with loaders?

  4. #4792DLC2010-05-24 11:28

    Question Is there a disadvantage to a crusher and screener together like a terex 1000SR?

  5. #5doobie2010-05-24 13:22

    I could see something like the terex 1000 SR being useful for a small operation, if it's being fed by a hoe so it can move with the hoe. All I can see for disadvantages would be low production, we pump out anywhere from 200 to 1200 tonne per hour depending on the product. I could be wrong, I've never seen one in person.

  6. #6trainwreck2010-05-24 13:47

    we run a 1000sr cone/screen unit and it works great for its size. we have a small pit and it does what we need it to. we get just over 100 tons per hours runing 3/4 minus, so it not a high output rig but it is easy to move and quick to set up.

  7. #7muzy2010-05-24 16:39

    Doobie, what your primary product? Ballast maybe? And were th heck are you set up? muzy

  8. #8RocksnRoses2010-05-24 17:14

    We use loaders, doobie, Komatsu WA 380's. RnR.

  9. #9doobie2010-05-24 18:21

    Muzy, we crush anything from ** to 5". Haven't done Ballast yet this year. Right now we are crushing 1/2",** and 3/8" in Fox Creek with the setup in the pictures.

  10. #10JTL2010-05-31 21:32

    Good looking setup there doobie. I posted some pics of plants I have worked on on here over a year ago. I imangine they could be found again if a guy really wanted to look!

  11. #11JTL2010-05-31 21:58

    I found that post for ya. Its in the other construction/demolition page.

  12. #12Cat is ALL2010-06-01 11:01

    You'd need a fairly large area for all that equipment to fit I bet. First picture I seen 3 vans, one control tower, and possibly one more genset and a parts trailer? Doobie what is your tph making 3/4 down traffic gravel or a-base? Just curious.

  13. #13doobie2010-06-01 23:06

    Thanks JTL, I'll take a look at them! Cat, We have 3 vans. Parts van, tower van and a genset van which has a cummins V16. It is a really big spread, I'll have to climb one of the piles and take a good picture of the whole pit. Our TPH on 3/4 varies but I would say about 700 TPH.

  14. #14Cat is ALL2010-06-02 08:01

    How big are the cones you run?

  15. #15komatsukid2010-06-10 18:54

    We have a Cedarrapids closed circuit cone crusher. The cone is a El-Jay roller cone and the screen is a El-Jay tripple shaft. We crush 6A, 22A, 23A, 1" minus, 2.85 finus modulas 2NS. We mix and feed with two Cat 980g loaders.

  16. #16cummins052010-07-08 12:32

    Just came off a crusher it was Ellrus feeder jaw and 5x18screen to a Ellruss 6x20 3 deck finish screen a Ellruss frame with a sandvik 350hp ASRI computer controlled cone. had three 60 foot conv and a 220 foot stacking conv did around 300 tph in 3 quater minus max I ever seen was 475 ton per hour with 0 sand elimination making 2 inch minus product. This unit was fed buy a WA 500. My dads setup was ellrus aswell it was a large impact crusher for pre crushing then to a ellruss feeder then to a twin screen (pre screen was 6x 20 finish was 6x30) with jaw crusher to a duall nordberg 450hp cone setup. we had 600ft of conv and a 250 feet telescoping stacker. this setup was fed with a WA 500 and 600 average was from 500 to 700tph

  17. #17ford082014-05-31 22:13

    here is our feeder plant or part of it . I was changing out the screen motor .

  18. #18cdm1232014-06-02 00:35

    what part of MB you in?