Hauling logs, Swedish style: YouTube - ETT - En Trave Till ! what was it that Tiny said? Ohh yeah that's right: "Truck drivers need love too!!!", in this case I may agree with him. Although being from Oz I am sure we could hang another couple of trailers off that thing
no spreckin ze doich...lol
You've made Tiny's dream feasible! It sure makes it an easier concept to stomach doesn't it! Did you notice the steering wheel spinner? Are they road legal in Oz?
Whats with the cheesy porn music?
Not sure, I think if you have a medical condition you can get an exemption.
The basis of it is that they are trying to get longer trucks to haul timber, this seems to be a trial of some sort. From memory the longest truck allowed in Euroland is 25.5 meters and this mob is trying to get a permit to go longer. Sort of like in Oz you can run three trailers on a road train but in some remote areas they run 4.
How do you know it's cheesy porn music, is there something we don't know about you? Personally I thought it was Spanish guitar music but then perhaps I have led a sheltered life
Blonde Swedish truckdriver: Probably, but we do know something, though... :cool2 What we do know is... he doesn't know what Spanish guitar music is... :tong "Cheesy porn music"... Jeez, Burnout... Must be OK here, got them in all our trucks... inspectors never say a word. Lol, you probably could... That is a nice looking set up, though. OCR...
Must be a state thing, I thought it was federal. SCDOT will park you till it's removed. Were ya'll trying to say Burnout might be the inspiration for that fellow's signature line about VCRs and KY jelly?:lmao
Obviously Burnout is accepts only high quality porn music... :cool2
ok, i call foul. i get suspended for a few obnoxious threads, and you post full on scandahoovian trucker porn and skate. not fair!
Blonde Swedish truckdriver: OCR... :lmao
I want to see a summer version of that video.
C'mon now Q. It's not full on trucker porn unless she raises the cab and shows us her power train. (And you can be sure that the title was a big red flag, and the whole staff watched it firstly from a Moderator's point of view.) :cool2
i think that WAS a summer version.:tong and digger, i was only kiddin'.
I accept only the BEST porn in my life.
Now Q, when the time comes that they would hire ones like you or I to be a waitre...uh...waiter at Hooters, then we can declare that there is equality of the sexes. Until such time comes, you must accept the fact that a blonde Svedish truck driver trumps you. Bah ha ha ha :tong :cool2
From what I can see this is a person trying to earn a living, sure she is more attractive than your average truckie but she is allowed to have a go at doing what she wants to. I would like to think that you are more progressive than to think the only place for girls is in the kitchen or bedroom. However there is more to this than we may see right now but the fact remains that we do not discriminate, on any level. Well I don't. And yes I would pull over and help her change the super singles, I don't expect any female to change a super single.
The subject of porn came up, as a joke, and in reply, I made a double entendre, also as a joke. But since we adhere very strictly to the forum rule about porn, I made sure that everybody knew that it was probably not a good idea to go there, ever. We do keep an eye out for that kind of thing, and are proactive in discouraging it. I'm not sure how you can infer from that anything about whether I think women belong in the kitchen, the bedroom, or the profession of their choice. :beatsme
Ya gotta be careful how things come across, specially as a moderator. Now if I had posted this vid YouTube - ETT-projektet - En Trave Till - Lastbilar för virkestransporter ger sänkta utsläpp would it have got the same response? And I would not care about his or her power train, as it appears to be a very complicated engine, coupled to an auto shifter. All very nice until it stops working and the nearest 'technician' is a 1000 miles away.
Yeah. I learned that a long time ago. That's why I don't have nearly as much fun here as I did at the beginning. Thanks for the reminder...
I read your private message to me and do agree that I probably should have steered the thread a little different. On reflection I should have titled the thread "Extra long trucks in Sweden" and perhaps left out that bit about truck drivers needing love. However it was a nice video with heavy equipment, nice scenery (yes I am talking about the trees) and an interesting purpose. One that is relevant to the trucking industry worldwide. Perhaps I did view your original comment a bit too seriously and should lighten up but I was also worried that a thread I started (and have to take responsibility for) would spin out of control. I do thank you for taking on the responsibility of moderating this forum, without people like you we may well not have a HE forum perhaps have a HE forum that is ugly and unpleasant. Another thing to consider is that in my view we should aim to make this forum female friendly and in this regard, perhaps one of the admins could 'clean' up this thread (including my original post and thread title) or perhaps it is best to leave it as is, to remind the membership that there are lines in the sand. Remember, think twice, post once Ohh yeah and my comment about being progressive towards females in the work force was aimed at everyone but I singled you out because I know you are tough enough to handle it.
Thanks, Hendrik, for the thoughtful reply, and for the kind words towards the staff. I think we can leave it as it is. Nothing here should be blatanly offensive, even to those of the female persuasion. (And the chances are, that if they're in this field, they're accustomed to dealing with us fellows, some of whom might be a little rough around the edges anyway.) I agree that, even though there are more than a handful of women working in the industry, they may be a bit under-represented here on the forums. I don't know what the statistcs are, either in the industry, or here, but it would be interesting to compare them. I know we try to be sure the atmosphere is not at all intimidating in that regard. I also think it's sort of self evident though, by the first video, that young ladies remain the exception in the field, rather than the rule. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been considered newsworthy enough to have been featured in the first place.
i was engaged to a female operator. beautiful, tiny lil' lady that could run the hell outta anything. taught me how to run a dozer. it killed me when she would come home all wound up about an idiot act or remark from a guy on the job. that being said, she understood a little sarcastic humor, and wouldn't be offended by this.
I believe that one of the biggest social problems we have is that the standards of decent public behavior have gone way down. I cringe when I am in a restaurant with people (usually 40 yrs. old or less) and every other word is 4 letters and starts with F. I almost said "with men" but on reflection I realized that girls (usually under 25) are frequently just as bad. That being said, there are not many words I haven't said in the woods or when no one don't want to offend is nearby. I firmly believe that everyone should be allowed to do the job they want AS LONG AS THEY ARE CAPABLE. I have worked with female firefighters and truckdrivers who were very capable. My sister who is 14 yrs. older than me is a horse trainer who owns and runs an 85 stall business. She is no bigger than the driver in this video and well into her 50s can throw haybales and manage unruly horses better than most men. She is also very feminine, no delete that, ladylike and people who don't know her very well think she is a prude. If there was any chauvinism in me she beat it out of me before I was 5. I object strongly to all the sex on TV and where you and your little children can't avoid seeing it but I have no problem with anything anyone chooses to see. I probably would not love this forum this much if it were rude and crude, and I appreciate you moderators keeping it pleasant. Keeping all that in mind, I think that this is a molehill not a mountain. I gave this to my wife and sister to read and they both agree there's nothing chauvinistic or offensive here. Tasteful double entendre' is not pornographic. If you remember Miss Minnie Pearl was a mistress of the double entendre' in the 40s and 50s and very few were offended. There's nothing here that I wouldn't want a 10 yr. old girl to read. If she said what's her powertrain I would say "engine, transmission, and axles" and if she asked someone else next week out of context they'd say the same thing. The little girl would think it obvious that I would be more likely to love that driver than Tiny. We did not say that truckdrivers need sexual intercourse. All this is in support of digger's last post, and I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I have enjoyed the discussion. Any thing you do will offend someone. I will not enjoy this forum if we have to be politically correct, rather than nice, polite, and reasonable. just my 222 cents worth
I must learn not to be so long-winded
Hauling logs Swedish Style Cool video Hendrik :thumbsup My german is pretty rusty Looking at the size of the logs ,could this a "pulp wood" operation for making paper?Sure looks chilly up that way.
Hmmnh considering they are speaking Swedish, your rusty German language skills won't be of much use Maybe they are carting wood to the IKEA factory
Blonde Swedish truckdriver: Very thoughtful mitch504... :thumbsup OCR
Blonde Swedish truckdriver: That is a shame, digger... Your "double entendres" are always a fun aspect of this site, and makes my reading experiences more enjoyable... :cool2 They are still p un for me... OCR...
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but in a cost saving move the double entendres have to go. I figure I can save about 10% in typing costs by running super single entendres, and if one goes flat, I'm attractive enough that Hendrik has promised to stop and help me change it.
:cool2 ... ... :lmao :roll :falldownlaugh
Drat...and all this time I thought you were getting double entendres at the buffet at Shoneys. Guess I was wrong eh? :Banghead
Does that come with gravy?:yup