hey guys I have a cat 420d 02 model anyhow my 4wd is not working. It started out popping a fuse every once in a while now whenever you flip the switch for 4wd it blows the fuse. What do I need to do as far as trouble shooting to track down the problem. I have searched the forum at no success any help would be greatly appreciated
Well I am going to go pick up a new solenoid toward and see if that fixes the problem hoping I done have a frayed wire some where.
before you go to that expense and trouble just disconnect the solenoid and see what happens with the fuse Do you need a schematic? if so post your serial number and some one can help Mark
Well it ended up being the solenoid. When I went to take it off it literally fell apart. Wire connector broke off then outer cover seperated from the windings then the windings that was a mess final got it off replaced it need less to say I think it was time to replace it.