Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blow by?

NCman ยท 2017-04-26 19:48

I'm looking to purchase a 99 New Holland 555e 4x4 with 2800hrs. I went over it thoroughly and all fluids look good. No leaks, no noises, no smoke. I decided to take off the oil fill cap while running and no oil squirting or smoke but there is some air coming out. It was up to operating temp, pressure was good on gauge.... is this a bad sign or normal? Thanks, Daniel

Replies3
  1. #1Billrog2017-04-26 20:22

    I would consider normal but I'm not a mechanic.

  2. #2cuttin edge2017-04-26 20:55

    2800 hrs on a 99 wow! It should be in really great shape if the hour meter is right.

  3. #3Delmer2017-04-26 21:17

    Normal. Did you look at the blowby tube with the cap on? You should see the same thing, some air flow, but hopefully not too much, or oil splattered all over.