Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blowing fuse when starting 420D Cat

Grademaster ยท 2012-09-12 04:24

Hi all this is my first post here. When I tried to start my 420 D cat backhoe the other day I turned the key and instantly blew a fuse. I am looking for the schematics for this unit S/N ABLN01626. I'm thinking it might be a starter solenoid. Does anyone have a link to electrical schematics for this unit??

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2012-09-12 09:03

    If you give me an e-mail address I can fire you off a copy of the electrical schematic. Not sure if you can send a PM until you have made 3 posts. Go into the new Members section and introduce yourself.

  2. #2Grademaster2012-09-12 09:28

    Thanks Nige I will. My email is [email protected]

  3. #3Nige2012-09-12 09:41

    Check your inbox.

  4. #4Grademaster2012-09-12 16:05

    Thanks, got it. Going to crawl under to see of I can hot wire the solenoid

  5. #5Bob/Ont2012-09-19 11:19

    Grademaster, look for a plug in diode on the LH side of the engine. Have had them short out and cause trouble. Later Bob

  6. #6CATinLiberia2012-10-22 15:49

    Nige, I am also interested in the electrical schematic (I have a 416D and 2 420D's). If it is OK, please email it to the following address: Fairview dot Liberia at gmail dot com (sorry for spelling out the address... just trying to minimize spam) Thanks! Eric

  7. #7Nige2012-10-22 16:39

    with so many options (at least 5 of each) of 416/420D I need exact Serial Numbers before I can send you the schematics. PM me with the Serial Numbers if you like, I'll forward you the relevant schematics as soon as I get the chance.

  8. #8Lee-online2012-10-22 16:53

    I just sent the schematic to ya.