Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clutch Cutout Solenoid Case 580c backhoe

stking10 ยท 2012-09-12 11:30

can anyone confirm, does this solenoid screw on? it is leaking pretty badly from this area and wondering if I can take this off and replace an O ring to fix.

Replies9
  1. #1CMSMOKE2012-09-12 11:55

    It does screw on. Make sure to not to bend the linkage from the shuttle lever being in the neutral position. I don't remember what is used to seal it.

  2. #2stking102012-09-12 13:23

    should i just disconnect the linkage? I assume i should keep this in place if I do so it doesn't get out of alignment?

  3. #3alrman2012-09-12 17:16

    Welcome to HEF stking10! You need to remove & reseal the control valve. Some useful info here - HeavyEquipmentForums It is a 580E, but very similar to yours.

  4. #4TheOldMan2012-09-13 07:32

    I have a C, and redid the shuttle seal thing. Unhook the linkage to the solenoid, and there's a big nut you can unscrew the whole thing. If you don't have the manuals, send me a PM with your snail mail address, and I'll send you a CD.

  5. #5stking102012-09-13 09:08

    I got it done, thanks!

  6. #6raypan2025-09-13 09:47

    HI, I know this is an old thread but I am having the same leak at this solenoid and was wondering if after you unscrew the solenoid, is the o ring visible or does the whole valve need to come out? I have a 580 C thank you,,,,

  7. #7raypan2025-09-13 09:48

    Was the o ring visible after you unscrewed the solenoid? thanks

  8. #8alrman2025-09-13 17:01

    Removing the solenoid does not reveal the oring, you need to remove the valve to replace the seals. Make sure you do the seal on the plunger as well.

  9. #9raypan2025-09-14 11:25

    Thank you alrman, is it a difficult job or does the entire valve just slide out in one piece?