Hello all, First off I want to thank you all for your words of wisdom regarding my prior posts. I am getting closer regarding purchasing a dozer to compliment my Komatsu 200 excavator...unfortunately I have reached a fork in the road with 3 options of dozers. Option "A"- Deere 700 H- Cab, good undercarriage, ripper, overall good condition with 3900 hours...$65K Option "B"- Deere 650 J- No cab, New Paint, undercarriage 50%, average condition, 6400 hours....$39K Option "C"- Case 850 K- Cab with brush guards, recent undercarriage, good condition, 6300 hours...$48K Work that will be done using these machines will be finish work, site clearing, road building, etc. I look forward in hearing back from you all with your thoughts. Thanks, :usa
I think you will be happiest with the 700H it's a little bigger machine and a nice cab I've had an two different 850G"s for over 20 years they are good tractors never had A K series but seen a lot of them with major electrical problems at the dealer when they were new.had 650G's before also when you only have one dozer you end up working pretty hard and the 700 is big enough to do some pushing with but still small enough to fine grade. with the 850K and 650J you have to make at least 3 passes to knock down a 10yd load of dirt
700h they will surprise you how much work they will get done,blade hydraulics are super fast but you will get used to that.one guy I know who goes thru dozers faster then a pair of underwear claims out of all the dozers he has owned, he misses his 700h the most.
I agree with the 700 , you will get use the size and there will be times you wish it was even bigger. Plus it has the least hours and a cab.