Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 37ex-21

Rooster75 ยท 2015-10-11 10:05

I have been running this Dozer while mine is down. I kinda like the way it operates but don't know much about durability of these machines. Anyone out there have opinions on these good, bad or indifferent. Was looking for Cat or Deere but there's enough money difference its caught my attention.

Replies9
  1. #1southernman132015-10-11 20:33

    I e got a D31P-21 LGP and I love it. It just runs and operates great and it never has an issue. Great machine. I'd like to have an enclosed cab w AC THough

  2. #2Pony2015-10-12 05:26

    I have a D31-20, it has the Cummins 4BT motor. I haven't had it for long but been good so far.

  3. #3southernman132015-10-13 08:12

    Mine is actually a D31P-20 LGP. it has a 6 cylinder engine. I'm not sure what the HP is. If you look in Ritchie specs it only shows the 4 cylinder engine.

  4. #4Pony2015-10-14 08:14

    We are hijacking the thread but both 4 and 6 cylinder motors have the same horsepower. Cummins was 4 & Komatsu was 6. Don't know why they changed and don't know what the later -21 series have.

  5. #5Dickjr.2015-10-14 17:54

    I was in the same boat , bought a D39EX-21A and have been happy with it now for over a year. The comparable CAT or Deere was 20 grand higher in price some with more hours. So far with less than 1000 hours so far it seems to be a solid machine. The control system is nice as well.

  6. #62grit2015-10-14 20:29

    D31EX-21 I own is an awesome machine

  7. #7Rooster752015-10-15 22:40

    Yeah I'm pretty amazed how quick the blade is & how smooth machine runs. Only drawback is dealers lack of parts in stock. Me being a small one man company I can't afford large equipment payments & high parts prices as well.

  8. #8southernman132015-10-16 06:38

    Yes they are great machines and what few parts I have purchased from komatsu are ridiculously expensive and they have their own hydraulic fittings that most hose shops or a lot of hose shops don't carry but so does Kobelco and I have one of them too!

  9. #9Rooster752015-10-16 07:33

    The only issue I'm having is the forward reverse lever sticks if you pull it all the way back. May just need some lube. Yes I have Komatsu trackhoe and I just paid $700 for a water pump. Bought one for my Dozer which has 3.9 Cummins for $55 at local parts store.