Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blue book on wheel loaders

oly ยท 2009-09-28 11:50

I am trying to find out what a old Cat 950 wheel loader is worth. Is there such a thing as a blue book for these things? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2009-09-28 19:21

    Right now those things are getting pretty good money in the export market. I've seen a few go to the mid east lately. Run throught the search function on the auction data base on Machinerytrader.com. Get an idea of condition and then compare yours to average auction prices. Year of manufacture and condition are the biggest factors for value.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2009-09-30 11:03

    Yep, Machinerytrader.com is the best place. You can compare auction prices and what is listed for sale. Remember most for sale machines don't actually sell for the listed price though. Auction prices are actual sale prices.

  3. #3swampdog2009-09-30 13:55

    Blue book or auction prices are only a guideline. The condition of the machine can influence the price up and down a lot. A year ago, I was looking for either a 950 or 966C. Prices varied from about $15,000 to $50,000. A $15,000 966 needed fifty thousand or more in work. A $28,000 950 also needed a lot of work. I was going to go ahead with that 950 and do the repairs, but someone else beat me to it. Thank you to that buyer!! Before long, I found a 966C in much better condition and bought it. My conclusion is that one is far better off paying more for a machine in good condition than paying less for a worn out machine. Before long, the more expensive machine may cost less.