Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blue Devil Hydraulic Stop Leak

tkkdbn · 2023-04-23 13:48

Hi all, I have an 1994 Cat 312 excavator with weeping leaks from the stick cylinder and 1 of the boom cylinders. Does anyone have any personal experience with Blue Devil Hydraulic Stop Leak in excavators? Blue Devil's product page states that its completely safe to use in excavator hydraulic systems so I was thinking of giving it a try but I'm hesitant to do damage to the hydraulic system.

Replies3
  1. #1Acoals2023-04-23 14:35

    I don't have experience with Blue Devil, but stop leaks as a rule should not exist. All it is going to do is gum things up. Take the cylinders to a rebuild shop and rebuild them

  2. #2Junkyard2023-04-23 14:56

    X2. I can’t imagine a scenario where it stops a leak and doesn’t fubar something else.

  3. #3Nige2023-04-23 15:37

    If you believe their hype I suppose you'd happily invest all your savings with a guy like Bernie Madoff.? Pull the cylinders off one at a time and reseal them, starting with the one that's leaking the worst. At the end of the day you'll be glad you did. If you want repair kit Part Numbers for the boom & stick cylinder please post a Serial Number.