Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar vs kubota

kopp ยท 2023-04-23 13:11

What you think. Which you prefer? yanmar sv26 vs kubota kx027-4? I know that both are very good.. Kubota has 4 cil but yanmar 3 cil. Is the power noticeable? At the moment i have yanmar sv 22. Good machine. Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1mx7272023-05-06 21:37

    Dealer is probably more important. If you already have a good relationship with the Yanmar dealer, I'd stay put.

  2. #2apetad2023-05-09 18:25

    Yanmar! Better service access even though you'll NEVER have to work on it other than whatever you break yourself or fluids & filters & no, we're not Yanmar dealers.

  3. #3heymccall2023-05-09 19:34

    I have Yanmar mini excavators (and Takeuchi) and Kubota CTLs (and Takeuchi CTLs). The Yanmars and Kubotas have been tremendously less problematic than the Takeuchis. Yanmar tech help can be found, and, unfortunately, Kubota tech help is harder to find. But, I've never had to use either for tech support anywhere near as much as with Takeuchi. I've got friends with both Kubota and Yanmar minis. Brand reliability appears to be similar, so, I say go with whichever dealer is better, smarter, closer. Just don't expect Yanmar or Kubota to drop ship parts from the central warehouses. It ain't happening. That's where Caterpillar and Takeuchi shine.

  4. #4imjustdave2023-10-18 23:12

    Kopp Did you decide on something?

  5. #5kopp2024-04-25 11:22

    Hi. Still going with my 2020 year Yanmar sv22. 3750 h, everything ok. Very good machine. This year i think i buy another more. I like Yanmar sv26 more. Just Kubota has more hydraulic power,maybe littlebit better with working with tree shear.

  6. #6imjustdave2025-04-23 18:43

    So.. how was the machine? been a few now.

  7. #7kopp2025-04-24 01:10

    Hi. Sv22 sold. And new 2025 March Sv26 has been arrived. Long arm,rear camera, extra counterweight. Good machine.

  8. #8kopp2025-04-24 01:14

    I had sv22 from 2020 march until 2025 february. 4750 hours on it. No problems,just oil changes and didnt replace tracks also. This machine was very reliable.

  9. #9Welder Dave2025-04-24 03:32

    Probably best to go with what you've had good success with. Congrats on the new machine!