Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blue tooth pressure transducer

nowing75 · 2017-06-02 20:50

I found thes online the other day and ordered 2. Have not had a chance to try them but looks to be handy as you read the psi from phone or tablet with there app. $200 each not sure I need them but I like gadgets

Replies10
  1. #1Junkyard2017-06-02 22:15

    Heck yeah I need to look into that. Be nice to be unattached when checking pressure. How many will the app read at one time? Got a link to them?

  2. #2sandy2017-06-03 04:07

    Only downside that I can see, You have finished the job, packed up and an hour into the journey home. Then its did I get that tranducer off from underneath? stop search the truck, then retrace your steps. and there it is small and where you left it. not that i have ever done something like that Still going to have to get me some $295 australian

  3. #3Junkyard2017-06-03 09:04

    Yeah there is that! I've left my cordless impact under a machine a couple times after bolting the covers up. Thankfully both times I got back to the machine before it had been used and crushed my impact. It's a wonder it doesn't happen more often!

  4. #4nowing752017-06-03 10:03

    http://www.transducersdirect.com/ Can only read 2 at a time is kinda a down fall but you could have more and you would have to just switch views. Will have to try them out Monday

  5. #5nowing752017-06-03 10:05

    I was thinking of putting a remove before flight flag on them to keep me from forgetting them

  6. #6wrwtexan2017-06-03 14:27

    I did a short stint at a big aircraft reman plant where the mechanics had to check out a tool and leave a tag on a board which was retrieved upon tool return so nothing was left someplace it shouldn't be. Maybe keep a tag with it that you pull and put someplace obvious (service truck steering wheel) until they are re-paired and stowed after finishing.

  7. #7ohiofleet2017-06-03 20:44

    let me know how they work

  8. #8Ruger_5562017-06-03 20:54

    Those look awesome...! No more trying to get the gauge to stay where you can see it while you go down the road. There are some places I don't think those will fit (M11's in Freightliner FLD's come to mind) but a guy could put a 90° fitting w/whip hose on there and fix that. I do like to watch a needle move sometimes though What does the in app screen look like? How fast does it pickup changes in pressure?

  9. #9nowing752017-06-04 07:53

    Not sure yet Ruger

  10. #10nowing752017-06-04 07:55

    Wrwtexan that's where I got the idea of the streamers I work on large a/c on in my spare time and we put them on gear pins or any test equipment to keep us from forgetting it.