I started this thread to avoid completely highjacking the one about Nige, because Tony's name was brought up there. Back in April he was highly offended (and rightly so) by a member with the user name etd66ss. So much so that he said he was done with HEF and would not be back. I wish he were still with us. He is (was) one of the best of the best when it came to helping members here. Here is a link to the thread when he said farewell to HEF in post #377. Be sure to read OIH's post #366. HeavyEquipmentForums Unfortunately I misspelled his username in the thread title and I cannot figure out how to edit it.
I miss reading Tony's posts, he was/is a huge asset to this forum, very informative and I just liked the way he used words! I just hope he is healthy and happy. It's a shame how that thread caused this collateral damage.
HI Tinkerer, I also miss TC and his valuable advice. Someday I hope to go abroad and have a pint or two with him. I think my post you quoted should have been 376. No matter. I really hope TC shows back up and shares more of his straight, no nonsense talk with us.
do the mods have emails to maybe reach out to the member to see what the story is??
Tinkerer>> THAT THREAD torqued ALOT of people off.. I quit reading it after pg. 2 or 3.. I STILL don't know or care if it is running.. I wouldn't be TOOOO concerned w/ TC.. you know those Aussies.. 17 weeks of vacation time, EVERY year..Lol
I had no idea that thread went so long. I gave up on the guy after second page.
I read every word of it. Sometimes I finished feeling mad, sometimes sad, sometimes completely bumfuzzled. Almost got it the truck and drove my *** up there but I realized it was winter and cold. Lol, it's a great example of some very talented and knowledgeable people trying their best to help somebody despite their efforts all but being undermined (sometimes intentional and some not) at every turn.
You're a better man than me Junkyard, and a much better mechanic. Pumpguy, TC is from the home country, midlands i think. At least you didn't call Scrub a Kiwi, i guess.
I was gonna say the same thing about where TC was from. Idk about much better anything. That thread was like watching two old steam locomotives racing at each other or reading a Greek tragedy!
xxxx
Junkyard ; I read every page of it also. I had the same feelings as the scenario progressed. I was dumbfounded when the insult was made to Tony and indirectly to all the pros trying to help that hard head with problem. Half way through the thread I like others reading it didn't give a dam if that engine ever ran. I kept reading just to see how long good people would stay with the guy and try to help him.
I read that thread and was like "Nope, not even gonna waste much time on this" Ya'll got more patience than I.
Yes that was or should I say still is a frustrating thread. As of the last resort he was saying the trans was at the "add mark" and then took 25 gallons to top it off! and I still don't think he has understood why so many were trying to get his to buy a operator/maintenance manual. Guess I just feel sorry for that old machine! Actually was surprised how long Tony kept at it, he's definitely one of the guys I would love to spend sometime working with, just scrapping gaskets and washing parts for him would be a pleasure. If I ever found my self heading over that side of the Pond I would do my best to meet up with him for a pint or two at the local pub!
Unfortunately he seems to have disappeared on the ACMOC site also. About the same time as here. At least on the ACMOC site members can still email each other. LIKE WE USED TO HERE !!
I haven't been a member or active enough on here to know who the cool guys or gals are. Seemed like he knew his stuff from the few posts of his I read.
I'm cool
Ban the troublemaker and hopefully TC will be back around. God knows I need all the assistance I can get. Other forums do it. I can name most of the guys on here that I trust way more than my dealer and local experts.
You can reach him on facebook
Just call me the Fonz
I don't have a facebook account Mike.
Junkyard, will you hold my popsicle so it won't melt?
How about if someone who knows tctractors well ask/beg/plead for his return. Same for Nige. Not to diminish the contributions others make, but these two guys really add value to this forum. Damnit, I'd almost contribute to a retainer for these two to come back on HEF Ausdave
I had wondered where T C had gone and why no more posts. He could do more with a lot less, and twice as fast as most. So much experience, his knowledge on the old equipment is spot on. I sure miss his verbs to describe things were the best. I know I would love to spend some time with him, working of talking. Tony hope the very best for you.
Fellas, I think I'm gonna go look for Nige and TC, kinda tired and needing a pint. Be well.
Don't return without them!! I'm amazed at how little i'm learning about stuff I don't own since they've left. I was almost feeling the need to buy an older model Cat dozer or tracked loader just to have the opportunity to ask TC how to repair it and then read those unique verbs of how to fix the "calved down" machine. And I've got some photos of the only operating steam ...... , (secret until Nige returns), in the world!! AusDave
Carousal? If so I have rode it many times. Still a kid at heart.
If you get stuck and need a rescue holler. I'll gather up Ken and we will attempt a rescue mission. We can't bring everyone. We need a backup in case we need rescuing too after a month or so.
If you need me better make it soon as I have a sidecar rally to go to the end of July!
That sounds like fun. Daughter is getting married at the end of July and they expect me to be there so I can not even consider going to a rally. Enjoy.
Nope. Much bigger. AusDave
this big.....
Getting close... I'll definitely post the pic if Nige or TC post back here. (Putting out some bait??)
I guess I will have to wait. The Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion has the last operating steam carousal. You have my curiosity.