Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bob-Tach stuck

Gixxer600 ยท 2009-11-22 00:09

I have only had my T300 for a week and so I am still figuring it out. Today I realized that my bob-tach is not locking all the way. After further investigation I realized that the left side is stuck. The hydraulic arm moves the "handle" but the "pin" is not moving up and down. I suspect it has not been greased since it was new (about a year). I greased it but it still will not move. Is it ok to spray some blaster in/on it? I assume that would break down the grease though ... Thoughts?

Replies6
  1. #1willie592009-11-22 00:32

    Common problem on skids. Disconnect the bobtach cylinder from stuck locking pin. Drown with spray lube, working (ever so slightly) locking pin. Eventually, it will break free. Spray lube, work, spray lube, work. When it finally breaks free, grease the %$&* out of it! Re-connect bobtach cylinder.

  2. #2Gixxer6002009-11-22 00:39

    Ahh ok ... but why disconnect cylynder? Why not spray it down good and work the fool out of it back and forth? Yea I guess if I waste like a tube of grease on it it should push all the lube out.

  3. #3willie592009-11-22 00:51

    If it's truly stuck...your going to have to work that handle on the locking pin until it decides to free up. I've done these things too many times. Spray with lube, work the handle, lock pin moves slightly, spray with lube, keep working. Eventually she'll break loose, then you pump the grease to it.

  4. #4CM19952009-11-22 11:23

    That is a common problem with skids, if the pins aren't greased regularly. I grease the pins every time I grease the machine. It doesn't take much if it is on the normal schedule. To make it easy, I disconnect the attachment, roll the pin all the way out, 2 pumps of grease and then close the pin, 2 pumps of grease. Then work the bobtach a few times to lube both the whole pin well. You may want a short section of cheater pipe to help move your frozen lever back and forth.

  5. #5FL450B2009-11-25 11:58

    Somtime on stuck hardware i will heat it up with a propane torch and melt a candle to the stuck part to free it up you must ride a gsxr600 by your handle i service them at a dealer good luck cary

  6. #6Gixxer6002009-11-25 23:44

    Yep, I have a GSX-R600! So you work at a Sukuki dealership? I havent done anything to the stuck pin yet ... I plan to soak it in blaster and go from there. Hopefully that will do the job. If not I will try all the remedies suggested until I find one that works. : )