Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH LX885 WON’T START! Help!

FullMetalBucket ยท 2009-11-21 20:03

Hey All, after 2 years with my '99 LX885 it finally gave me a problem. It won't start! I just wired in a new strobe and backup alarm, went to move it and it just diesels.... sounds like the fuel's not getting to the engine. There's a white rocker style switch above my right shoulder that has a "RUN" and "SERVICE" position.... I switched it to the "SERVICE" and it started right up. I can move it but the foot controls are locked. When I started it in service mode Errror02 came up on the display in the cab. The machine is going out on a snow contract next week and I really need to figure this out. Anyone have a list of Error Codes for this? Any help would go a long way to me being able to get some sleep tonight!! Thanks. :drinkup

Replies5
  1. #1FullMetalBucket2009-11-22 21:41

    Anyone? Disconnected the wiring I did just to be sure and no change.... Jumped the seatbelt switch and no change.... Anyone have a list of error codes for NH machines? I can't find anything online.....

  2. #2smokey12009-11-22 23:33

    My john deere was a new holland type. You have to use the proper sequence to get out of the 02 error, That is get out , with sevice swich back to normal and key off . get back into machine , put your seat belt on , turn on key and start machine , the 02 error should now be reset, and you should be good to go.

  3. #3Colorado Digger2009-11-22 23:42

    sorry dude,we used to run the new holland 885 cab heat and all the fixins that is a electrical short, spend the money and put a new harness in it

  4. #4FullMetalBucket2009-11-23 11:55

    Found the problem!! It was a bad ground at the fuse panel! Fixed the ground, reset the Error02 and it started right up! Thanks S1 & CD, between the error reset and letting me know it was an electrical error your 2 posts really helped!

  5. #5tightgtp2009-11-23 17:27

    error 2 is a problem with the fuel soleniod circuit