Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bob-tatch- sloppy lower hinge on 763

Turntable ยท 2014-06-13 01:12

My buddy's machine, he says pins & lift arms are fine. Pins taper lock into arms, extend into bob-tatch "tube" or "pipe" to form hinge. This "pipe" is worn. I haven't seen it yet, but wanted opinions as to whether this was worth trying to repair and how. Seems he said a new bob-tatch runs over $1500. Guess the rod eye on curl cylinder is ovaled badly too. Sounds safer to replace that. Thanks for your thoughts, T

Replies2
  1. #1Desertwheeler2014-06-13 02:47

    I did it on ours. The dealer cnd have new parts welded in the bobtach for 600 I think it's been a while. Or they sell the pipes as you call them as a kit in the parts book. I did the cylinder pin and bushing myself that was less the 100 bucks for both.

  2. #2Turntable2014-06-15 07:41

    Thank you, Desertwheeler. I'll look at it this week, see what I think. He's just down the road - 'bout 200 miles. lol