Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 15C Auger

NCPIPELINE ยท 2013-03-27 13:40

Everything looks to get in good condition inside the motor, it spins freely. When hooked up to a machine it spins fine, but when lowered into the ground it bogs down and will not dig. Thoughts?

Replies19
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-03-27 18:38

    Did you try it on another machine? A 15c is higher speed lower torque. Bigger bit in tougher soil she isn't going to perform.

  2. #2NCPIPELINE2013-03-28 06:01

    No, all I had available yesterday was the new holland. I will try later today or tomorow of something with some size, it should be noted that it has a 36" bit on it.

  3. #3pondo2013-03-28 07:13

    Your asking a lot of c175. NH does not list aux hydraulic but total is only 17gpm so aux has to be less than 17.. A 36" in tuff dig, has to be close to max on 15c, no matter what you power with. Also I did not believe it but sharp teeth in clay will also make huge difference.

  4. #4Bobcatdan2013-03-28 07:20

    17 GPM is fine for 15c. If it is bogging, he has a pressure problem. 36" is a big bit for a 15c in tough soil.

  5. #5NCPIPELINE2013-03-28 08:45

    If I am understanding this right #6 the GEROLER is what makes pressure correct?

  6. #6NCPIPELINE2013-03-28 08:48

    About to slap it on my A300 if that doesn't spin it, I obviously know it is something to do with the drive motor itself. The sad part is the cost of a new drive or remaned drive motor I could pretty much buy a new auger, minus the bit of course. The teeth on the bit are good. It just hits the ground and tries to flop around if that makes any sense. It is definitely not spinning fast enough to even get the hole started per say.

  7. #7NCPIPELINE2013-03-28 10:02

    Ok same same, even went down to a 24" bit, still slow and doesn't have a lot of break out force. I mean seriously it does not look like there is to much to how this thing works. I think I need a lesson on drive motors. Let the schooling begin.

  8. #8bremery2013-03-28 12:46

    I have run a 6" and 12" bit on my 15C attached to my Bobcat 325 Excavator and it does the same thing when working in rocky soil. If it hits a large rock or root the bit will stop spinning and the machine will bog down. I can relate to the bit flopping around or walkway away. I usually crowd the attachment plate in or out so that the bit will not swing like a pendulum. There is a happy medium with the bits too. My 12" dug better than my 6" in rocky soil because the flutes would clear the soil and rocky from the hole.

  9. #9NCPIPELINE2013-03-28 12:48

    Ya. I need something with some umpf lol

  10. #10Dinger492013-03-29 05:33

    A couple of things on the auger itself. If the starter point is worn down, it doesn't make enough of a pilot hole to positively locate the auger prior to the digging teeth hitting the ground. Also, with a larger auger in tough soil, level the drill site so the auger teeth don't just hit a high spot.

  11. #11NCPIPELINE2013-03-29 08:29

    Ya thats not the problem, it gets the hole started then about a few inches into the cut when things start to get a little hard or rocky it has nothing to offer.

  12. #12slowstep2014-02-19 18:46

    NCpipeline, saw your post on this auger I just picked up aauger I think it is a 15c . The eaton motor number is 157 000 9003 it has 3/4 inch hoses-- it's been setting out in the weather and I can make out, where the decals were , on each side of motor and shows a bobcat, but can not find a id plate. Do they have one? I have not tried to hook up to my skidsteer as I was afraid of contamination of my oil do to its weathered condition. any info on what I have and proper way to check out without putting my hyd system in jeopardy on my skidsteer. The drive shaft appears to have oil on it and looks as though a seal might be leaking . sorry for the long post.

  13. #13slowstep2014-02-19 18:51

    Wanted to add best way for me to flush out the old oil in the motor.

  14. #14tmc_312014-02-19 19:08

    NCPIPELINE, I have had one of those 15c auger drives for about 5 years now. Up till last year I ran it with LX565 or a LS170 driving up to a 36" bit. Last year I upgraded to a L190 and have drilled 10'X36" holes with it in moderately tough soil (no rock). I have been real pleased with my auger. If you have tried it on two machines and are getting the same results in the same soil conditions and the using the same bit it is a pretty good bet that there is a problem in the auger drive. Unless you are digging in rocky soil. Then you need a rock bit Tim

  15. #15NCPIPELINE2014-02-20 08:12

    The best way I know to flush out an drive motor like the one on a auger is to disassemble and replace the seals, since you say it is leaking on the shaft anyways.

  16. #16slowstep2014-02-20 08:26

    NC does that motor number and hose size correspond to a 15 c according to charlynn that is a exclusive part number for bobcat all parts has to come thru them. I was wanting to know if your motor number is the same as mine to establish this is a 15c.

  17. #17NCPIPELINE2014-02-20 10:01

    Just went out a verified for you. Yes that is the same motor that is on my Bobcat 15C Auger

  18. #18slowstep2014-02-20 10:17

    NC ,certainly appreciate that one more thing where is best place to get a seal kit?

  19. #19NCPIPELINE2014-02-20 11:04

    I don't think I got my seal kit from Bobcat, I think I ordered it straight through. But I can't remember.