Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 2005 s250 blower motor question

cityofcydonia ยท 2017-01-04 15:52

I was wondering where the location of the blower motor is to remove and replace, as I replaced the fuse and it only worked for a little while then it stopped working. The fuse is good, but I don't know where the blower motor location is at or how to get to it. Thanks for any help! I also tried to find it on the forum but was unsuccessful.

Replies11
  1. #1crewchief8882017-01-06 17:19

    it's mounted to the back of the cab. you'll have to lift the cab first it's inside the HVAC "box" :drinkup

  2. #2tool_king2017-01-06 18:59

    What is serial number.

  3. #3Delmer2017-01-06 19:23

    If you haven't checked the speed selector switch, that's more likely to cause problems than the motor usually.

  4. #4OFF2017-01-06 19:57

    Or the cabin air filters! They get plugged up to the point the blower doesn't blow anymore.

  5. #5willie592017-01-06 21:01

    Yes, check those things first. You have to drop the entire air handling unit to remove/replace the blower motor, and it's no easy task.

  6. #6cityofcydonia2017-01-06 21:29

    Thanks! I'll check the switch this evening, I already cleaned the filters recently. There is something blowing the fuse but not sure what the problem is, I just replaced the fuse and the fan came on and the next time I went to use it, it didn't work but the fuse is still good. I'll also get the serial # and post it too.

  7. #7willie592017-01-06 22:11

    A locked up blower motor might cause the circuit to pull enough amps to blow a fuse. You should be able to remove the filter cover in the cab, remove the filter, and reach down in the hole with a cabinet screwdriver to contact just enough of a piece of the squirrel cage fan to turn it just enough to verify if the motor is locked up or not. If it's free, you could have a short inside the motor, but I doubt it, I'd suspect a switch or wiring harness problem first.

  8. #8crewchief8882017-01-07 08:16

    not really just remove the cover and the screws holding the blower to the housing, and let it fall out :drinkup

  9. #9crewchief8882017-01-07 08:20

    we probably sell more blower assemblies than anything else related to the HVAC system the resistor goes bad in them, as well as the motor, in the older units, just stops working :drinkup

  10. #10willie592017-01-07 10:34

    Hey, I like the sound of that! :drinkup

  11. #11cdm1232017-01-07 18:54

    If it is the blower motor there is a replacement motor from MCCI with higher output that is the same, size I posted the pn in another thread, if you can't find it I will try to find the part number.