Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 2016 t740 or t770

Millerfarms ยท 2016-03-02 20:01

Wanted to know if anyone had experience running the new machines with def also I will be using the unit mostly for loading which is why I wanted the 700 series I don't know that I need the 92 hp but I am afaird I'll regret not buying the bigger machine next year.

Replies4
  1. #1MrDigOR2016-03-03 07:20

    Heyo! We run 770s. We use them to unload and load, move earth, grade, run all kinds of attachments. 740 looks like it would be fine too. DEF no big deal, just let it do it's thing. If you are planning to load you are going to want a bigger machine.

  2. #2dbb.brisbros2016-03-08 07:07

    high pressure fuel rail problems For that use it might be ok, but be careful. We have a brand new A770 we bought for snowblowing and it can't run at extended time frames with high rpm's like the snowblower needs it to. There's something wrong with the fuel system on the supply side with these high pressure fuel rails, so far dealer can't figure it out, but I've seen it on other forums. We can only run the blower for a few hours if we put in a new $90 fuel filter, and not at all if the filter has any hours on it. We're running numerous high pressure fuel rail machines, so it's not a fuel problem, it's just this machine. So far my take is I regret buying it.

  3. #3Millerfarms2016-03-08 10:39

    Does your use def or does it have a regen?

  4. #4dbb.brisbros2016-03-08 14:28

    we have def