Got a 40 xt sat a while this winter started it up and would run and then just stall out. Would get off it and then it would fire back up and go again. Did some work out by a woods and it sat out there overnight a couple times. Finally one day it died and I could not get it going! Ended up taking it to a case repair place guy calls me and says the pack rats got in it and chewed up the wiring est 1300.00 to rewire it, said that's ok will do it myself! Reattached about 5 to 7 wires that were chewed up, would not start? TT guy said maybe solenoid on pump, ran jumper off battery and fired right up. Had to raise arms to rewire so had disconnected lines on cylinders because it was cold and fluid was thick. Reconnected lines after lowering cylinders ran it playing with controls to get air out. Finally tilt working but could not get it to run up and down? TT guy again said check solenoid in front of engine checked it 6.5 volts going to it. In doing so I was using the override to get the arms up and down while doing this I would move the arms with the override and then I could move arms some without the override and then it would stop responding. ( IMPORTANT INFO!) Before all this went down since I got the skid steer ever so often while running it the tilt or lift would stop responding so I was told to shake the controllers and then it would start working again. I think it has something to do with the control arms are not moving the hydraulic cylinders in and out of the control valve, if so is there an adjustment. Any help will be appreciated, I am not a mechanic so Ignore any mis naming of any parts on here lol. You can call me at 417-693-7456 if it would be easier to help trouble shoot it, Thanks! Leon
I have no advice but is that a beagle in the picture?
Yes stovein I have some lemon beagles.
There could be a number of issues here, some maybe related. All of the problems seem to be electrical. There are electric solenoids that lock the control levers in place. These are mounted on the loader control valve. There is a safety switch mounted to the 4in1 valve which prevents the machine from starting if the pedal is not in neutral. If there is not enough system voltage, the lockout solenoids may engage, preventing the control arms from moving. Hope this helps a little....