Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 2410 Articulated Front End Loader

TomG ยท 2010-07-05 18:30

Here are some pictures of our 1991 Bobcat 2410 articulated front end loader. It is still a very reliable machine today. We now only use it as our yard machine and I plow with it in the winter. We use it with a one yard heavy material bucket and a 2 yard light material bucket. To this day I have never seen another Bobcat 2410. I have seen some of the smaller loaders Bobcat used to make. I know we have the only 2410 in New Hampshire. I was wondering if anyone has operated one or even seen one in recent years. And if you have pictures please post! Also here are two youtube videos of me operating the 2410: YouTube - Bobcat 2410 YouTube - Taking a ride in Bobcat 2410

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies42
  1. #1spitzair2010-07-05 23:12

    Looks like it moves along at a pretty good clip! Nice machine! I've seen a few around here and there but they are pretty rare! Never got a chance to try one though... What is the engine like to work on being up between the arms like that? From your first video it looks like it would work circles around the 906 cat I operated a looooong time ago... Either that or I'm not much of a 906 operator Thanks for sharing!

  2. #2TomG2010-07-06 20:11

    Its definitely not the easiest machine to access the motor on but if you look in the second picture, the black panel in between where the machine articulates, is actually a door to access the back of the motor.

  3. #3powerjoke2010-07-06 21:12

    Smooth operator!! thanks for the post, i like interior shots better than exterior shots most of the time, and it's un-doubtedly a rare machine that i'll prolly never get to operate....thanks again Pj

  4. #4TomG2010-07-07 18:17

    Here are a few more pictures of the motor and the inside of the machine.

  5. #5TomG2010-07-09 18:19

    Here is another video YouTube - 2410 pushing up fill pile

  6. #6fendtman2010-07-11 18:36

    who made the 2410 loader, how are parts.

  7. #7TomG2010-07-11 19:11

    The 2410 was made by Bobcat when they were owned by Melroe, but I'm pretty sure it is a true Bobcat machine. Parts are tough to come by, and are getting harder and harder to get every year.

  8. #8TomG2010-12-28 23:42

    Well i haven't posted any pictures in a while of our 2410. So here you go. Also here is an in the cab video of me plowing in the loader. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeepMPFKvJI

  9. #9TomG2010-12-28 23:44

    Here are some more shots of me doing some snow removal after the storm. And another video of the 2410 plowing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOkw6bH3woQ

  10. #10TomG2010-12-29 14:57

    Here is one more video of me doing snow removal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PowZ6Lx_0YU

  11. #11TomG2011-02-03 18:06

    Here is a quick walk-around video I did of the machine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW4L8VxhNhs Some more pictures of our 2410

  12. #12TomG2011-02-03 18:09

    Pushing back snow banks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJcq8LQqkMs

  13. #13TomG2011-02-03 18:11

    Plowing with the loader http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDc6lSXo4-k

  14. #14lineboring.org2011-02-03 18:20

    Dang it can haul. How reliable would you say your 2410 is? I'm a webmaster for lineboring.org and we're always looking into downed equipment that need repair, front loaders amongst many. Nice pictures thanks for sharing. Remy lineboring.org

  15. #15renegade2011-04-02 16:54

    We used to use a bobcat 873 for snow removal and it looks like the 2410 puts it too shame. That thing really handles the snow. Very nice!

  16. #16TomG2011-04-02 17:19

    I just noticed your comment, sorry for not responding sooner! It is probably our most reliable machine that we own. Like everyone says... they don't make em like they used to!

  17. #17TomG2011-04-02 17:24

    Yea the 2410 is great in the snow. I love running it in the winter.

  18. #18kaltoft2011-05-12 15:53

    Hi Tom. I have recently purchased a Bobcat 2400 loader, a very similar machine to the one you are showing, I believe the 2410 is the same machine as a 2400, just a later model, i think they called them 2410 from 1991/2 on ? I have no idea when my machine was made, but i think they made them from the late 80's to about 1991/2. I bought it for snow removal in the winter time, as I have recently bought a property with about 400 yards to the nearest public road. I am sure that this machine will do the job. As I have just purchased the machine, I dont really know it that well yet. I had the main hydralics line replaced as it was leaking, but even after this procedure the machine still drips fluids in the middle joint where it articulates. I will have to look into that. The mechanics that changed the hydraulics line had never seen this particular model of Bobcat before, I think they are quite rare... My main problem with the machine at the moment is that after about 10-15 minutes of continouous driving on a paved road, it drops from high gear into low gear, and I cant get it into high gear again until after it has cooled off for a couple of hours. I told it to the mechanics that changed my hydraulics line, their thought was that maybe one of the hydraulics valves wasn't closing properly, continuously cycling hydraulic oil around the system, heating up the oil and thus making the machine go into low gear. Any thoughts on that? The person I bought the machine from did not have any kind of documentation for the machine, so I do not own any kind of manuals for it. However I was fortunate to find a maintenance manual online as a pdf file for the 2400/2410 series, but I am yet to come across the owners manual - any idea where I can get a pdf of the owners manual for this? I have attached a couple of images of the Bobcat 2400

  19. #19TomG2011-05-23 22:23

    Hi kaltoft, nice machine! Great pictures! I'm sure you will like it. From the looks of your inside pictures your machine was originally set up to have the backhoe on it also but i see you have the extra counter weights on the back like my machine. I have never had your problem of the machine dropping down in to low gear so I can't help you out but your theory sounds very plausible to me. Also I can't help you out on the owners manual. I looked for a good amount of time online and came up with nothing. Maybe try your closest Bobcat dealership? Good luck with the machine! You will enjoy plowing with it, its great in the snow.

  20. #20mike s2011-05-30 02:14

    After see your vid Im mad! I had a chance to buy one for $7500 and didnt buy it!

  21. #21hiluxman2011-06-26 16:38

    Oh the 2410 the bobcat the worst machine bobcat ever made.And the one that most often gets in the hands of people that don't use them much but I worked for bobcat when that machine was new and never acutely sold one but donated them to veriuos Places for landscaping like schools and university and places of worship it used to be a joke at our dealer if you want a bobcat but you only are going to use a few times a month for 3-6 hrs get a 2410 or 116 excavator we donated them to they where leftovers off machine once droped from the bobcat line and where never sold

  22. #22GySgtAttack2014-11-07 06:46

    @hiluxman, I personally felt your post on this thread was quite rude and unwarranted. Have you ever heard the old axiom: "If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your trap shut?"? TomG, your machine is truly an AwEsOmE piece of gear! Your informative postings complete with toe-curling photos and videos have been the final push that I needed in obtaining a 2410 of my own here locally. She is being completely reworked & restored at present. Look forward to posting pics and video of my own soon. Semper Fidelis! p.s. mine has a 3-point setup on the rear of the unit. Ever heard of this revision, or do you think it a custom modification?

  23. #23hiluxman2014-11-07 09:00

    Sorry about the comment do you have the backhoe for it it's a pretty big machine for a bobcat

  24. #24GySgtAttack2014-11-07 09:50

    Bobcat articulated 2410 No sir, I don't... yet. As stated in the base posting, she has a three point setup on the rear versus the lower rear cover with the large rear counter weight(s) that most other 2410 units that I've researched have shown. Not sure if the three point system was original to this unit or a custom modification. Also unsure of whether she'll be able to do the backhoe setup with this three point config. Really excited though about being able to use, and of course start obtaining, three point attachments which are plentiful and comparatively speaking, reasonably priced. Brian

  25. #25D11RCD2014-11-27 06:01

    Looks like a more than decent little piece of equipment. Keep the photos and videos coming please, Mr. TomG. I'm very curious and interested to see what happens when someone acquires a backhoe rear end for one.

  26. #26caterpillarmech2014-11-27 08:33

    I tip my hat fellas. Looks like a good all around machine. Even the Cat small loaders are fairly rare and they are still in production. Ya'll enjoy them, I'm sure I would. I really like the idea of a three point. Like my grandpa always say's "Looks handier than a shirt pocket".

  27. #27GySgtAttack2014-11-30 18:19

    D11RCD: Attached for your viewing pleasure... =) *hopefully this works... my first photo upload. :bash

  28. #28245dlc2014-11-30 20:48

    I use to have the brochure for the 2410 but I dont recall it being offered with an extendahoe.

  29. #29sebastian7r2014-12-09 01:12

    I just picked up the backhoe attachment with the extendahoe. Now I just need to find a 2410 to go with it. The machines on this thread look amazing.

  30. #30GySgtAttack2014-12-09 08:19

    I know of two 1991 Bobcat 2410's for sale right now. Both are EROP with heat. One is the rear 3-pt PTO model and is currently in complete restore/retrofit, original engine rebuilt with only two hours on it, NOT yet listed. The other is listed in NH, rear standard backhoe model, but approx. 3600 hours on machine. Both are around $15K. Gunny

  31. #31GySgtAttack2014-12-09 08:32

    If you don't mind my asking, what did you give for this extend-a-HOe attachment? Private message is fine... Gunny p.s. we have a lot of 2410 info over on the TBN forum site also...

  32. #32Jmac032014-12-09 10:47

    As rare as these machines are - Check out this one for sale! http://www.ironplanet.com/for-sale/...command=NewSearch,kwtag=HPTopKeyword,q=bobcat

  33. #33GySgtAttack2014-12-09 10:54

    The price is right, but it has an OROP cab... At my age, if it isn't an EROP, I ain't interested! Gunny :cool2

  34. #34sebastian7r2014-12-09 20:08

    I paid $2450.00 for the extendahoe, figured if I don't find a 2410 it could be attached to something else easy enough. It looks like a good quality piece.

  35. #35GySgtAttack2014-12-09 20:23

    For what its worth, I think that you got a helluva good buy on it and that is my two cents. Gunny

  36. #36Effinay2014-12-12 14:44

    I love this machine! There was one for sale in my area a year or so ago and I'm kicking myself for not following through with it. I bought a couple other machines for about the same money they were asking for. In the long run I think this would have been a better choice.....

  37. #37D11RCD2014-12-30 22:19

    Cheers heaps GySgtAttack! That looks like it would be an extremely handy little machine to have around. So when you hook them up is it a fairly simple process of just bolting them on and hooking up the hoses? or do you need to do a bunch of other stuff as well? Sorry to take so long to get back to you all I was away for christmas this year

  38. #38TowTruckKevin2015-01-21 08:02

    I have a place to look for your 2400 hi gear problem

  39. #39TowTruckKevin2015-01-21 08:08

    Are you sure you don't want to sell that nice hoe to a guy that already has a 2410?

  40. #40nick floyd2015-03-03 16:42

    backhoe hi im a new user on here...i have a original backhoe 914b i think..was thinking about selling it...works perfect. in great shape..have any suggestions on where i could post it for sale? thank you Nick

  41. #41dennis19712019-05-15 15:20

    i am interested Is it still Available? thanks dennis

  42. #42dennis19712019-05-16 08:37

    are you interested in selling? thanks Dennis 267-979-0492