Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 250 hydraulic fan hitting shroud

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2020-11-16 01:52

Hi, I have a 2009 Bobcat S250 and was wondering if anyone ever changed the hydraulic fan shroud due to it hitting the fan from fluctuating temps?

Replies2
  1. #1JBrady2020-11-16 12:26

    My S250 does that a small amount. It seems to usually happen in the summer when temps are higher. I mainly notice it when I shut down the machine and hear the noise on the last several revolutions. Neither the blade nor the housing looks to have any damage so i have not done anything with it, too many other projects right now. I did talk to a service manager at Bobcat and he said it is pretty common. He even gave me a quote on what they would charge to change it out. I don't remember exactly what it was, maybe around $700.

  2. #2UpNorth Mini Excavating2020-11-20 16:15

    Ok thanks for the response.