Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB sitting for years. Water in diesel and probably in injector pump / injectors.

BRS78660 · 2020-11-16 15:17

Ok, so I parked this JCB 208s a few years back and never got around to using it again. Now I can't get it to start. I think it got water in the injector pump and injectors because when I drained the fuel it was like 50/50 water and diesel. Do I have to replace them? Never had this issue before and have never replaced injectors. I made a video of it if that helps > YouTube Video Here I am pretty sure its water in the injector pump and injectors. Can I bleed them? Just remove and clean?

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-11-17 07:57

    Now that u have fuel in the filter, crack the inlet/bleeder going into the inj pump.. AND.. loosen the steel lines AT THE INJECTORS..& give it a spin.. if u have fuel TO the injection pump and nothing out.. the control rack in the pump is stuck.. Does it shut off w the key switch or is it a pull cable shut off.. IF it’s a key shut off.?? Make sure u have power to the solenoid that allows it to start & run.. BTW.. that battery isn’t turning the engine fast enough to start my riding mower.. it’s gotta b FAST..

  2. #2BRS786602020-11-18 09:55

    Thank you. I will try all of that and see what happens.

  3. #3BRS786602021-02-09 17:05

    I know its been a while since I responded here, but I wanted to update on my progress with this tractor. I made these videos along the way if you want to see what I did to figure out the issues: Part 1: Part 2: Part 3: I am not a mechanic, but I am also not afraid to get my hands dirty. I was a little intimidated buy the injection pump because everyone said they were so hard to do yourself. Glad I tried it because it was not that bad.