Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 322 pilot control

clintm ยท 2014-08-08 21:43

I have a bobcat 322 thats been setting awhile it done this the last time I cranked it about 2 years ago.but I got it working. the pilot pressure control valve is stuck I took the valve apart cleaned it but it still does not work the magnet has some pull when it's energized my ?? is there is two cartridges on the same block and round steel ball about the size of a baseball is that a nitrogen accumulator if so can I check and recharge it .I have a charge kit for hammers . what pressure. could this be bad and causing it not to release pilot control pressure

Replies1
  1. #1willie592014-08-08 23:39

    I'd have to have the serial number to give more specific advice, but the 322 manual that I have shows 3 solenoids on the manifold: pilot solenoid, 2 speed drive solenoid, and system bypass (dump valve) solenoid. When both left and right consoles are dropped, and their respective switches are made up, it should light up a "console down" indicator. If this indicator is lit then you have ignition power going to the solenoids. Once this happens, it powers up the pilot system solenoid (joystick lockout) and the system bypass solenoid (dump valve) on the manifold. Both these valves have to power up when you drop the consoles. Again, this info depends on s/n, I hope it applies to your machine.