Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 200LC Swing Grease Seal

Snaponfan ยท 2014-08-08 19:22

Is it possible to put in the seal that holds the grease in for the swing assembly without removing the entire top? If so, what is the best way to go about doing this? Is it critical that it be in there? We had a tree root rip ours out. It's just a rubber seal that is held in place by a series of small threaded rods and turnbuckles and goes all the way around the swing assembly. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Replies3
  1. #1excavator2014-08-08 22:02

    If you are referring to the thin seal that goes around the top of the rotec bearing, Deere offers a replacement seal kit. Clean the grease and crude out of the seal area and glue the new one in. I'm not sure I've ever seen one with threaded rods and turnbuckles. Are you able to take a picture and post it here?

  2. #2Snaponfan2014-08-08 22:23

    I will take some pictures tomorrow and post. Thanks!

  3. #3lantraxco2014-08-08 23:37

    Sounds like somebody "field engineered" a better seal? :drinkup