Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 322 uneven track speed

Railman ยท 2013-04-17 15:52

Someone tried to steal the hydraulic pump from my 322, they removed the hoses and 1 mounting bolt, when I started her up she threw out most of the hydraulic oil before I noticed. Tightened up the hoses but now she pulls to one side when tracking and the slew left and right is very slow. I thought it would bleed itself after a while but it has not put itself right any ideas? Also does anyone know the mounting bolt size and thread for the top bolt on the hydraulic pump?

Replies4
  1. #1melli2013-04-17 17:48

    Crazy. Sorry to hear about someone treating your machine like an auto wrecker 'pick a part'. You've gone through all other hyd functions and they all work ok? Sounds like you have air in the system. Did you bleed the pump? A zerk is on mine...fit a tube on it and turn it until fluid comes out clear with no bubbles. I hope you haven't buggered the pump by running it dry. While troubleshooting a drive problem like yours (no high speed on one side), I was told the relief valve block on weak side may be stuck open (prone to holding air)...I never played with it as I found the problem (electrical issue on main valve manifold). I have a different size machine, as my pump has different sections, and each section controls different hyd functions...manual will tell which section controls what. Your swing motor may have air in it too... I'd also be worried about contamination... Best.

  2. #2Railman2013-04-18 10:40

    Ive drained off what was left and refilled, dont think the pump went dry, everything seems ok but the swivel is slow and track speed uneven, strangely on fast track they are more even its not that I cant get fast track as much that the slow track is uneven. I think it must be air but I thought it would self bleed as the functions where used?

  3. #3melli2013-04-19 11:41

    I would think so too, but my manual does indicate bleeding the pump when changing fluid. Since it was half removed, I'd suspect that it needs to be bled.

  4. #4Railman2013-04-19 15:50

    Right will have to try bleeding air where I can. Ive noticed the hydraulic filler cap has air under pressure in it, when I have removed it for top up. Dont recollect that before, maybe some air is working its way out. Will try running it with cap slack so any air can escape easilly.