Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 301.8 undercarriage extending

hougie ยท 2013-04-16 20:31

Hey fella's I'm wondering if you can tell me where the solenoid valve is that operates the extending function of the undercarriage? It extends fine and retracts fun but the valve doesn't seem to hold 100% as when i'm working with blade it will pull one side in occasionaly. Thanx a bunch Marc

Replies3
  1. #1hougie2013-05-24 21:08

    Bump Still havin the issue

  2. #2AirBornOne2013-05-25 04:27

    Any chance your activating the undercarriage control accidentally? My TB016 uses the blade control lever to adjust the track width.There is a small,heel operated lever that selects blade or 'expander' that I'll step on once in awhile. Otherwise I'd expect a sticky button to be at fault before a solonoid coil. HTH Jay

  3. #3hougie2013-05-26 00:04

    In the cat's it's a toggle switch you have to push to activate solenoid, The electrical seems ok but i'm suspecting the valve is gummed up but i'm not sure of it's location