Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 325 2 speed issue

mike olscher ยท 2022-09-25 09:57

I have a 2007 bobcat 325 mini ex. The left track will not go into high range when I push the rabbit button. The right track goes in and out of high and low as it should. Can anyone point me in the right direction for trouble shooting. thank you in advance

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2022-09-25 16:29

    Good day If you have hydraulic & electric schematics we can help you trouble shoot, my schematics only show single speed tracks, the point that you post that one side is working as you expect indicates a motor transmission issue. I suggest being sure you do not have any binding idler or a transmission that is in trouble, drain some lube from the slow side to be sure. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2mike olscher2022-09-27 20:34

    I will update this for anyone else looking into a similar issue. This is what I found. the cables from the drive controls run to the side of the machine into the main valve bank. I have included photos for reference below. The left side is the valve closure to the back of the cab and the right is further forward. You can identify the valves by the cables going into the bottom side. Above where the cables attach is an electrical switch one on each of the valves (left and right). I believe these were causing my issue. I removed the electrical connection and cleaned it. Upon reattaching everything up the 2 speed worked again on both sides. It is possible I will have to replace the one as it may be faulty still. Also for reference the rabbit light did light up this whole time which is why I did not chase the problem from the switch.